The Student Room Group

Biomedical Science Applicants 2013 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blueeyedgirl
just had a biomedical sciences offer from sheffield :smile: (medicine backup)

Nice, congrats :wink: Where did you apply to medicine?
Original post by lastlullabyy
Nice, congrats :wink: Where did you apply to medicine?

thanks! :tongue: and cardiff, king's, glasgow and newcastle :smile:
thanks! :tongue: and cardiff, king's, glasgow and newcastle :smile:

:smile: my best friend applied to Cardiff too! well good luck, you're lucky that you've got already one offer, even if it's just back up...
Original post by lastlullabyy
:smile: my best friend applied to Cardiff too! well good luck, you're lucky that you've got already one offer, even if it's just back up...

good luck to you too, and your friend! and i know, it's nice to feel wanted somewhere :redface:
good luck to you too, and your friend! and i know, it's nice to feel wanted somewhere :redface:

yea, it certainly is :biggrin: :rolleyes:
Reply 65
With AAB predictions, is there a chance to get into UCL for Biomedical Sciences which needs AAAe? AAAe is 380 points and if get what I am predicted (AABa), then I'd have 400 points.

My teacher reckons that because I'm VI, my grades are probably worth AAA and advised me to apply for one AAA university.
Reply 66
Original post by Saurus95
With AAB predictions, is there a chance to get into UCL for Biomedical Sciences which needs AAAe? AAAe is 380 points and if get what I am predicted (AABa), then I'd have 400 points.
My teacher reckons that because I'm VI, my grades are probably worth AAA and advised me to apply for one AAA university.

Yh there is a great chance, my predicted grades are also AAB, and i applied to southampton who want AAA-AAB. They will just give you an offer for AAA instead of AAB. But its not all about the predicted grades its about personal statements and references as well. Hope you get an offer :smile:)
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post, but does anyone have any advice for personal statements? I'm applying for Biomedical Sciences at Portsmouth, but I'm also applying for Biochemistry and I'm having immense amounts of trouble writing my personal statement. :frown:
GOT AN OFFER FOR BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES AT NEWCASTLE! <3 it's my back up for Medicine but still, good to know that they want me somewhere in the UK and that I don't have to stay in Poland :biggrin:
Reply 69
Awesome, well done on the offer lastlullaby.
Reply 70
Thanks fuzzmuzz. I've got an offer from Brunel conditional upon getting ABB, so I have some motivation to work.

On my UCAS form, it says 'Blind or partial sighted', so hopefully, they'll be nice but if they stick by rules very rigidly then my chance is small. My PS apparently is quite good.
(edited 11 years ago)
Awesome, well done on the offer lastlullaby.

Reply 72
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post, but does anyone have any advice for personal statements? I'm applying for Biomedical Sciences at Portsmouth, but I'm also applying for Biochemistry and I'm having immense amounts of trouble writing my personal statement.

For Biomedical Sciences, you need to show an interest in the subject (usually by reading journals and keeping fairly up to date with any big scientific developments). You need to find a reason as to why you want to do it (and the phrase 'I'm interested in it' won't cut it). I suggest you include the name of a specific journal that you read. You should also, for every activity you mention, state how it has/will help for the purposes of university. If you have any work experience in the medical field, include it but state what you actually got from it. Your first and last paragraphs need to be strong.

In my case, I used the fact that as I have been VI for my whole life and have therefore wanted to know more about the human body, etc.
Reply 73
Got an AAB offer today for biomed at Newcastle :smile: :smile: it was my fifth choice and others were densitry, anyone else gotten offers for Newcastle ?
Reply 74
Original post by Jane1112
Got an AAB offer today for biomed at Newcastle :smile: :smile: it was my fifth choice and others were densitry, anyone else gotten offers for Newcastle ?

Well done on your offer. Hope you get into dentistry.
Reply 75
Thanks fuzzmuzz. I've got an offer from Brunel conditional upon getting ABB, so I have some motivation to work.

On my UCAS form, it says 'Blind or partial sighted', so hopefully, they'll be nice but if they stick by rules very rigidly then my chance is small. My PS apparently is quite good.

Well done in getting that offer:smile:, I just got an offer from surrey. you really want to get into UCL right?
wish you al the best.. when did you send your application??
Reply 76
Original post by Chelsey20120
Anyone else thinking of applying for biomed this year? (:

Any ideas where you'd like to go yet?

At the moment I'm considering Southampton, Kings, Reading, and Surrey. Well I know I definitely want Southampton... other than that I'm just looking around.

I'll add a list of everyone that's applying this year to the first post so that we can see who everyone is! (:

Hey chelsey, did you get any offers yet?
Reply 77

Me too :smile: it's my backup for medicine.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 78
I am applying for biomed at leicester. It's my backup for medicine :smile:

Original post by SWBL
Me too :smile: it's my backup for medicine.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I also got an offer from Newcastle today :biggrin: 34 from IB; 5s from Bio HL, Chem HL, English B HL, Mathematics SL... Back up for medicine as well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending