The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Official Plymouth University Applicants 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by georose
I didn't get to look inside Mary Newman. Was it pretty much the same as Francis Drake? :smile:

Yeah I liked it and it was on the same level of niceness as Francis drake! Just the outside is different:smile:

Original post by rrazzaq
Is it worth getting an en suite? Could save a fair few by just sharing but i heard the hall quality wasn't great? :s-smilie:

Yeah I'd defiantly want my own bathroom first year! And I didn't think it was that nice from what te website showed but inside it's really nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 501
has anyone else been offered a place for mental health nursing? :smile:
Reply 502
Original post by Jaderedworth
Yeah I liked it and it was on the same level of niceness as Francis drake! Just the outside is different:smile:

Yeah I'd defiantly want my own bathroom first year! And I didn't think it was that nice from what te website showed but inside it's really nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive not really looked into it that much! Do you how much more they cost? Have you put it as your first then? :smile:
Original post by rrazzaq
Ive not really looked into it that much! Do you how much more they cost? Have you put it as your first then? :smile:

I got unconditional offer so my place has been officially confirmed :smile: and I think it's £113 for an ensuite

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 504
I got unconditional offer so my place has been officially confirmed :smile: and I think it's £113 for an ensuite

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right that's good! What are you going to study? Ah right thats not too bad, i know somebody that used the Unite accommodation? But it just seems to cost so much more! :P
Just confirmed Plymouth University to study Criminology and Criminal Justice studies!
Original post by rrazzaq
Oh right that's good! What are you going to study? Ah right thats not too bad, i know somebody that used the Unite accommodation? But it just seems to cost so much more! :P

I know yeah! Some are like 130 a week that's loads!! And far away from the uni, and studying computing what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 507
Original post by Flanderpops
Just confirmed Plymouth University to study Criminology and Criminal Justice studies!

me to!!
Reply 508
I know yeah! Some are like 130 a week that's loads!! And far away from the uni, and studying computing what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm hoping to do international businesses if i get the grades :s hope they're a little lenient!! :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by georose
Yes I think as long as Plymouth is your firm then you get to specify which one you want. I suppose it's a first come, first serve basis though so you'll want to get in there quick.

The guy's words were 'the old system only allowed you to choose if you wanted an ensuite and your licence length, but now you can actually choose which halls you want'.

This gives us much more of a chance if we're quick, but I guess it still depends on the popularity of the halls!

hi ive got an offer to study adult nursing but not sure if im going to go coz of the placements and i dont wnat to have to travel really. is it true if plymoith is our firm we get our 1st or 2nd choice of placements? also do you no what acommation nurses usually stay in? x
Original post by Aliceseymour1994
hi ive got an offer to study adult nursing but not sure if im going to go coz of the placements and i dont wnat to have to travel really. is it true if plymoith is our firm we get our 1st or 2nd choice of placements? also do you no what acommation nurses usually stay in? x

On my applicant day I met a nurse who stays in Mary Newman as the do the longest stays like 51 weeks as I believe you have to stay longer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aliceseymour1994

Nurses can only apply for Mary Newman as its the only 1 that has a long enough licence length. And you can only apply for accomodation at Plymouth if they're your firm choice
Hope that helps x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 512
Does anyone know how to find our course length so we can specify a licence length when applying for accommodation? I can't seem to find it on my course page (I do biological sciences) x
Original post by Amber2250
is that for adult nursing hun? im from London and holding an offer for midwifery. I put down Plymouth Exeter and cornwall as my 3 choices for placement and we couldn't put them in order from 1st to last choice and ive been given cornwall placement which is an hour and a bit from the uni?? x

I live in Cornwall and have just got an offer for Adult nursing at Plymouth. They said that because there is another uni in Cornwall that does Nursing in the west of Cornwall that they tend to get all the placements down there so most of the Cornwall placements for Plymouth uni should be in the west of Cornwall which will probably be between 20 minutes to an hour so its not too bad! :smile:
Reply 514
Does anyone know approximate dates wen we can start applying for accommodation. off on holiday in a few weeks dont wanna miss out on my fav halls! :smile:
Reply 515
Original post by Sub08
Does anyone know approximate dates wen we can start applying for accommodation. off on holiday in a few weeks dont wanna miss out on my fav halls! :smile:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the guy at the open day said we'd get an email about it in about a month's time.
Reply 516
Original post by beirne83
Hey
I received a conditional offer for Occupational Therapy in Plymouth. Anyone else? or anyone know how many places there are on this course? Any info would be great.

Cheers,
Tracy

I've got Occupational Therapy at Plymouth as my firm choice too! :biggrin:
I think I remember them saying there were 60 places but I'm not 100% sure.
Reply 517
Firmed Plymouth computing w/ Fdn year (Y)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doyle
Firmed Plymouth computing w/ Fdn year (Y)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woooo course mate:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 519
I have got an unconditional offer for Strength Conditioning & Sports Coaching... bring on September going to be a hectic 3 years!! can anybody reccomend a top 3 accomodation for price and central location etc.?? Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending