The Student Room Group

I cant find a clearing place!!!

Hi, i am currently looking for a clearing place and i can not find one at all i want to study! no where seems to have places in business or psychology, the 2 subjects i want to study! anyone have any advice??? im desperate.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amo1234
Hi, i am currently looking for a clearing place and i can not find one at all i want to study! no where seems to have places in business or psychology, the 2 subjects i want to study! anyone have any advice??? im desperate.

Wait until next thursday when the majority of universities will put up their vacancies?

What are your grades like and what sort of uni/place would you like to live for the next three years?
Original post by Amo1234

The last two ads I've seen here on TSR have been for business schools :lol: - as above, what grades did you achieve?

EDIT: I should probably mention that those ads were for Bolton and Aston.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Amo1234

A quick search on UCAS shows several Scottish universities have spaces for Business and psychology. I'm sure next week there will be some English ones as well.
Reply 4
I achieved ABBBC! are the clearing spaces they show next thursday not only for english students though?
Reply 5
They look as if they do on ucas however when you call them they say these places are only for people from deprived areas!
A majority of clearing spaces open on the 15th, just wait till then.
Original post by Amo1234
I achieved ABBBC! are the clearing spaces they show next thursday not only for english students though?

No they'll be for all the english, welsh and NI universities for students from anywhere....scottish unis can advertise vacancies now because they've got the results for MOST of their students, the rest of the UK unis will only be able to know the results for MOST of their students next week so until then they don't usually advertise.
Reply 8
So on the 15th i will be able to apply for more? thanks for all the help guys!
Original post by Amo1234
They look as if they do on ucas however when you call them they say these places are only for people from deprived areas!

Did you call all of them? Were those their exact words?
Original post by Amo1234

Also at ABBBC your grades are the equivalent to ABB at A level and so English universities can take you as part of their "unlimited" numbers so your chances of finding a place at an english uni are very good.
Reply 11
called most of the universities in scotland! yes they said they only have spaces which the government fund for deprived people.
Reply 12
Trouble with English university, i would have to pay for tuition fees!
Original post by Amo1234
Trouble with English university, i would have to pay for tuition fees!

Not upfront and it wouldn't increase the amount of your student loan repayments - just the length you'd be repaying for.
Reply 14
BA Social Science

Quite a few Scottish Universities still have places last time I checked in this option.

Initially, I just wanted to do Psychology and go the Clinical Psychology route, however, it is all the Social Sciences that really fascinate me and I liked that the BA Social Science seems to provide the opportunity for me to really decide. Plus, it is rumoured to be far easier to switch between degrees once you have a place at a University. So, you can always switch easily within the first year or even second. I'm hardly the most informed, but this is what my research has given me to work with.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
that is a good idea! which university did you see it on and did you apply through clearing??
Original post by Amo1234

UEA still had places for Psychology last time I checked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I know UWS is still accepting. I think so anyway. I can't remember the others, I was looking for something closer to home as I don't have the time or the finances really to support a sudden move across the country. Use the search engine to find places. I hope it helps. I'm waiting to hear their decision about a place and it is terrifying me.
Reply 18
Im not really wanting to go to UWS! And they seem to be the only uni with places :/
Reply 19
Take a gap year. Or phone around directly on the hotlines and ask about any available places. That might be the best option for you, I have been told that sometimes you won't see the place advertised, but by phoning up you may manage to find a place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending