The Student Room Group

resits

hey guys unfortunately I ended up not performing well in my a levels and I think the best option for me is to retake all of them. I honestly found sixth form extremely draining and don't want to go back to my sixth form to do another year and feel a fresh start is much better. But I'm having trouble finding a place I can retake my a levels possibly as a private candidate, I wouldn't mind going to another school and even doing my lessons there. But I just need the cheapest option really to find a way to resit a levels. Does anyone know where I can find a cheap centre to retake, if I cant I'll just go back to my old school and hope the year just goes fast.
Original post by yaraalin
hey guys unfortunately I ended up not performing well in my a levels and I think the best option for me is to retake all of them. I honestly found sixth form extremely draining and don't want to go back to my sixth form to do another year and feel a fresh start is much better. But I'm having trouble finding a place I can retake my a levels possibly as a private candidate, I wouldn't mind going to another school and even doing my lessons there. But I just need the cheapest option really to find a way to resit a levels. Does anyone know where I can find a cheap centre to retake, if I cant I'll just go back to my old school and hope the year just goes fast.

what city are you in? i know a centre that everyone from my college goes to bc my college doesn't allow resits, and it is cheaper than alot of places. resitting a levels sounds like torture to me and u did mention you found sixth form draining. have u tried finding a course through clearing? so many people i know performed not well at all but ended up still getting into uni as they were really lenient. hopefully it all works out for you :smile:

Hi, i am retaking my A- levels aswell and same the thought of going back to my college is awful never mind having to relearn all of the spec from my a levels all over again. Try to remain calm and have more of a THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO DO mindset rather than overthinking about extraneous stuff cuz your goal is after all to improve your grades, even if that means you have to go back to your college.
In Manchester check out Macclesfield tutorial college.
Reply 3
Original post by dadadeedadada
what city are you in? i know a centre that everyone from my college goes to bc my college doesn't allow resits, and it is cheaper than alot of places. resitting a levels sounds like torture to me and u did mention you found sixth form draining. have u tried finding a course through clearing? so many people i know performed not well at all but ended up still getting into uni as they were really lenient. hopefully it all works out for you :smile:

I'm from the west midlands i dont mind a cheap centre from anywhere here such as birmingham, leicester, coventryi dont mind travelling abit because it is just for the exams, Yeah taking my exams again at sixth form is gonna be so bad im rlly dreading it, i tried finding a course through clearing but I didn't have enough ucas pounts for any decent courses. thankyouu <3333
Reply 4
Original post by Muskaan2005!
Hi, i am retaking my A- levels aswell and same the thought of going back to my college is awful never mind having to relearn all of the spec from my a levels all over again. Try to remain calm and have more of a THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO DO mindset rather than overthinking about extraneous stuff cuz your goal is after all to improve your grades, even if that means you have to go back to your college.
In Manchester check out Macclesfield tutorial college.

manchesters really far from me like 2 hours by car, i am still looking for centres because going back to sixth form is going to draggg. And youre retaking too!! r u doing all three, i am because i gen did so bad in everything. i keep trying to remind myself everything happens for a reason but i just wish i can skip over this year to being in uni, but we got this <333
I'm from the west midlands i dont mind a cheap centre from anywhere here such as birmingham, leicester, coventryi dont mind travelling abit because it is just for the exams, Yeah taking my exams again at sixth form is gonna be so bad im rlly dreading it, i tried finding a course through clearing but I didn't have enough ucas pounts for any decent courses. thankyouu <3333

oh no like @Muskaan2005! my suggested centre would've also been in Manchester :frown: i really hope you do find somewhere and pls don't let it get to you too much, you deserve everything and more :smile: (just in case the centre is connell co-op college)

also just out of curiosity, what course are u interested in studying?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 6
oh no like @Muskaan2005! my suggested centre would've also been in Manchester :frown: i really hope you do find somewhere and pls don't let it get to you too much, you deserve everything and more :smile: (just in case the centre is connell co-op college)

also just out of curiosity, what course are u interested in studying?

I really want to do medicine but i just really feel like idk if i can meet the requirements for it, its so tough out here :/ if i cant do that i'm really hoping i can get into optometry, but thankyou so much you've been such a help i hope you at least got into what u want!!
I really want to do medicine but i just really feel like idk if i can meet the requirements for it, its so tough out here :/ if i cant do that i'm really hoping i can get into optometry, but thankyou so much you've been such a help i hope you at least got into what u want!!

tysm means alot! yh medicines definitely quite the competitive course but i hope you can fulfil your passion! most my friends who wanted to do medicine didnt get in bc the grade boundaries were genuinely outrageous, so dont blame yourself too much
Reply 8
tysm means alot! yh medicines definitely quite the competitive course but i hope you can fulfil your passion! most my friends who wanted to do medicine didnt get in bc the grade boundaries were genuinely outrageous, so dont blame yourself too much

thankyou lovelyy you've been so sweet

Quick Reply

Latest