The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I remember a BBM update a while back that I saw '**** I've lost my phone' oh and the great moment in RS when discussing when Hitler came to power and someone says 'oh it was 33 wasn't it?' then another person asks 'sorry what century are we talking about?'
Once, my uncle asked, 'What time is the 10 o'clock news on?'
Reply 1902
'What is Anthropology? It's the study of ants and plants and things right?'
Original post by TheExceptionelle
"she speaks Indian" WTF??!
Also when they don't get the difference between religion, culture and so on.. :mad:

Omg, yes! Speaks Indian! :rolleyes:

So many times. It's like they skipped every history and geography and GK seminar ever given!
Anyway, have some rep! :P
Original post by AristoBrat!
Omg, yes! Speaks Indian! :rolleyes:

So many times. It's like they skipped every history and geography and GK seminar ever given!
Anyway, have some rep! :P

thanks, erm is the rep that thumbs up thing? (idk much about tsr terms) but yh its seriously annoying like the number of times i hear it and i would be surprised if such people pass their gcse's!
Original post by TheExceptionelle
thanks, erm is the rep that thumbs up thing? (idk much about tsr terms) but yh its seriously annoying like the number of times i hear it and i would be surprised if such people pass their gcse's!

Yes, rep is the thumbs up thing. The thumbs down is called a neg. You'll learn pretty quick. :smile:

Indeed, I've heard people say that and-

"I don't know what he said, he speaks Pakistani."
"You mean Punjabi/Urdu?"
"No duh, Urdu is dead and Punjabi is what you call people of Punjab."

:facepalm:
Original post by AristoBrat!
Yes, rep is the thumbs up thing. The thumbs down is called a neg. You'll learn pretty quick. :smile:

Indeed, I've heard people say that and-

"I don't know what he said, he speaks Pakistani."
"You mean Punjabi/Urdu?"
"No duh, Urdu is dead and Punjabi is what you call people of Punjab."

:facepalm:

agreed!
Once I was walking in school from building to building and it started raining so I put my umbrella up and then I was genuinely annoyed at my luck at how it stopped raining as soon as I put my umbrella up so then I put it down again and guess what it started raining. I was really annoyed at my luck and put it up again and amazingly it stopped just as I put it up. :facepalm:

Then I paused and figured out what was going on and didn't stop laughing at myself all day.
​One of my friends said too my other friend " Can I spray deodorant on your hand and light it on fire" :facepalm:
Reply 1909
"Can I borrow some deodorent?"
"Will I get it back?"
"Dude! thats gross, bro."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1910
I was driving down to the beach in Karachi, Pakistan that I came across a squabbling man who was shouting at a rickshaw driver saying, "Don't you even know ABCD."
I was like WTF!
Original post by concave
I was driving down to the beach in Karachi, Pakistan that I came across a squabbling man who was shouting at a rickshaw driver saying, "Don't you even know ABCD."
I was like WTF!

LOOOL only in Karachi. My aunty in Pakistan called Usain Bolt "Umshan Blort" and then when I corrected her, she shouted at me :s-smilie:
Reply 1912
Original post by CA$H KRAZE
LOOOL only in Karachi. My aunty in Pakistan called Usain Bolt "Umshan Blort" and then when I corrected her, she shouted at me :s-smilie:

lol Thank God she didn't call him Hussain Bolt :P
"So is Dumbledore Frodo's father?" - my mum whilst watching The Fellowship of The Ring (I forced her to).

I don't even know where she got Dumbledore from. She hasn't even seen Harry Potter.
Original post by kec
One of my friends (who is studying at a top uni) genuinely answered the question 'when was the Battle of Hastings?' with '1966' and looked puzzled when we laughed

I always write and say 19-- for dates even though in my head I think 16-- or 17--
I had a full on debate with someone I used to work with because they thought u.k wasn't in Europe because we don't use the euro
(edited 10 years ago)
My friend thought that there wasn't an objective north, east, west, south rather that it was subjective to where you are. So basically, she assumed that north was always forwards and east was always to her right. XD
What's even worse is that I always teased her about her prejudice against northerners, which must mean she has a prejudice against anyone who's in front of her! This was when she was 17 by the way. :tongue:
Just at my parents, thought I'd help my mum unpack her shopping...

Mum: 'J did you put all these white chocolate buttons in?'
J: 'No, I don't particularly like them'
Mum: 'Ahh somebody must have put them in the wrong trolley... ah well, free chocolate!!'

:facepalm: Most of my posts in this thread have been reference to my mum.

Also just now...

Me: 'I've never been one to get colds very often, thank goodness'
Mum: 'Hmph, you wana try living here!'
Me: 'Yeah I lived here most of my life Mum'
Cracker from my friend:

So Freddy Mercury was Italian? Like the 118 people? :facepalm:
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
"So is Dumbledore Frodo's father?" - my mum whilst watching The Fellowship of The Ring (I forced her to).

I don't even know where she got Dumbledore from. She hasn't even seen Harry Potter.

Lool, my mum's the same. Only she thought Dumbledore was a descendent of Merlin! XD

Can't really blame her though! Look!

and

:biggrin:

Latest