The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Spy It... Buy It?

Scroll to see replies

Toffee crisp cereal was SUCH a let down though :frown: I've never tried the Lion cereal but would be interested to know how they compare!
Awww how disappointing!
The lion bar cereal and the crunch cereal were both a bit disappointing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.thedaily-yum.com/2014/02/food-finds-new-dairy-milk-and-aero-flavors-february-2014.html

Dairy milk cookie dough and dairy milk caramel popcorn flavours

And

Aero caramel and strawberry

Aero strawberry sounds intriguing but like it might be too sickly sweet. Caramel could be too but sounds maybe a bit better.
As for the DM, cookie dough can be poorly executed by many brands so hopefully it's done well... And the popcorn one for that matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spied and did buy the new Bahlsen 'Pick up' bars. http://www.bahlsen.co.uk/our-biscuits/pick-up/pick-up-milk-chocolate/
as soon as you open one of them up, you can smell the chocolate. It is literally a slab of chocolate between 2 biscuits, and it is delicious.
Looks damn tasty! I bought a lindor cookies and cream bar today for my mums birthday. They look all posh and very tasty!

Also, M&S's Easter range is now out. It's always so great! So cute! They have a penguin shaped egg! :biggrin: and hotel chocolat has an awesome Easter selection too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dani_1991
http://www.thedaily-yum.com/2014/02/food-finds-new-dairy-milk-and-aero-flavors-february-2014.html

Dairy milk cookie dough and dairy milk caramel popcorn flavours

And

Aero caramel and strawberry

Aero strawberry sounds intriguing but like it might be too sickly sweet. Caramel could be too but sounds maybe a bit better.
As for the DM, cookie dough can be poorly executed by many brands so hopefully it's done well... And the popcorn one for that matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh, I like the sound of all of those. :biggrin:

I spied and bought some delicious looking treats from the John Lewis Easter range today - 3 chocolate chick and lamb shaped lollipops and some chick shaped iced shortbread biscuits. Also spied (but did not buy) some Easter shaped gingerbread, some lovely looking praline ducks (very, very tempting looking), and a chocolate boiled egg and soldiers, which I have to say looked lovely!

Also seen on notonthehighstreet, one of those sweetie trees made from mini Creme Eggs...yum!
Don't think these are new but I haven't seen them posted here. Currently having a Bachelor's 'Deli Box Noodles' that you just add water to, and it's actually quite good! They seem to be marketed as a 'healthier' alternative to pot noodles but they're actually way tastier in my opinion. I'm having the barbecue beef flavour but I've got a chicken one for lunch tomorrow. They're nicer than supernoodles I'd say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vitamin D
Don't think these are new but I haven't seen them posted here. Currently having a Bachelor's 'Deli Box Noodles' that you just add water to, and it's actually quite good! They seem to be marketed as a 'healthier' alternative to pot noodles but they're actually way tastier in my opinion. I'm having the barbecue beef flavour but I've got a chicken one for lunch tomorrow. They're nicer than supernoodles I'd say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they aren't new, I've been having them for a while. I really like them too! I think they are much nicer than pot noodles. They never really fill me though :/
New sweets in Holland and Barratt called 'SlimFruits'

Really tasty! I'd recommend them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh also Thorntons chocolate bars:

Bakewell Tart flavour, Honeycomb flavour and Fudge Brownie flavour bought.

The Bakewell tart one looks nicest but I've yet to try them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh I haven't seen any of these things! I'm devastated, but I did see mr whippy style ice cream cones. I've yet to try them but apparently they taste very good
Ahaha, now that I was not expecting! Did make me chuckle though :wink:

Would anyone actually ever pay that price?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have been following this thread for yonks, but was never brave enough to join in! Bought yesterday as a "treat" after the gym

1396444529111.jpg

I don't think it's new but I haven't ever tried it before. I normally buy the big tubs of yoomoo frozen yoghurt, not really for any healthy eating reason as I know the sugar is normally sky high, but because I'm not a fan of the really creamy texture of icecream.

It was actually really nice, wasn't much of a chocolate flavour-more like cocoa powder, but still hit the spot! It was also nice to have a set portion size, and at only around 170 calories I can't complain. No undoing that WHOLE 30 mins of gym dedication here :wink: haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, now I feel bad for laughing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ColouredTights
Ahaha, now that I was not expecting! Did make me chuckle though :wink:

Would anyone actually ever pay that price?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They have so many funny extortionately priced things on Firebox, I'm sure some are just there for the laugh and shouldn't actually be taken seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2235
Original post by Airfairy
They have so many funny extortionately priced things on Firebox, I'm sure some are just there for the laugh and shouldn't actually be taken seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile

'Fraid so... You my friend, are an April Fool. Or you just innocently clicked the 'Add to Basket' button to see what would happen.
Disappointed...
Original post by A321
Disappointed...

Ha I am genuinely surprised that was an April Fool, considering I've seen weird funny stuff on there all year around. I'm sure I saw a ship on there once...
We have some pineapple flavoured dairylea Dunkers in the fridge - don't think I'll be trying them :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nooo...where will I get my chocolate Lionel Ritchie head from now?!

I must admit I was fooled, good post!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vitamin D
We have some pineapple flavoured dairylea Dunkers in the fridge - don't think I'll be trying them :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

They sound disgusting. Please try them and report back, I want to know what they are like! I always wonder with horrible sounding things like those, surely they would have been taste tested before release so they shouldn't be that bad?

Quick Reply

Latest