The Student Room Group

binge eating

i keep binge eating and i cant stop any advice?
I definitely relate to this. It gets worse when I’m stressed. I find it helps to avoid buying trigger foods. So for me I’ve had to stop buying chocolate, cake, biscuits, and bread. Even cereal is a problem at like 2am. I try and eat more protein as that’s more filling. If I need to bing I’ll start on healthier options like fruit, nuts, peanut butter. I find logging my food keeps me aware of it a bit more and helps motivate my self control. Staying busy, focusing on podcasts or studying. Exercising if you can, as I feel less likely to want to ruin healthy behaviours with a binge. Going for a walk, clears the mind and gets rid of some stress. Drinking a lot of water, tea and coffee. Aiming for low carb, low sugar, high protein and high healthy fats. Sort of keto style. As the more of those foods, the less cravings I have. Sugar and carbs are like a drug and one taste really sets me off. And if you do have a binge, don’t beat yourself up. Remember to not be hard on yourself if you’re going through a lot. One set back doesn’t stop you being able to make positive changes.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
I definitely relate to this. It gets worse when I’m stressed. I find it helps to avoid buying trigger foods. So for me I’ve had to stop buying chocolate, cake, biscuits, and bread. Even cereal is a problem at like 2am. I try and eat more protein as that’s more filling. If I need to bing I’ll start on healthier options like fruit, nuts, peanut butter. I find logging my food keeps me aware of it a bit more and helps motivate my self control. Staying busy, focusing on podcasts or studying. Exercising if you can, as I feel less likely to want to ruin healthy behaviours with a binge. Going for a walk, clears the mind and gets rid of some stress. Drinking a lot of water, tea and coffee. Aiming for low carb, low sugar, high protein and high healthy fats. Sort of keto style. As the more of those foods, the less cravings I have. Sugar and carbs are like a drug and one taste really sets me off. And if you do have a binge, don’t beat yourself up. Remember to not be hard on yourself if you’re going through a lot. One set back doesn’t stop you being able to make positive changes.

Yeahh i relate so hard. Its so bad when i'm stressed. What happens is that after a binge you wake up with a bad appetite and then you eat something small for breakfast/ low in protein because i can only stomach something like cereal and then get sooo hungry the cycle begins again. I need to make an effort to eat high protein but I hate chicken and yogurt and eggs but maybe eating it more will change my tastebuds.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
i keep binge eating and i cant stop any advice?

See your GP.
Reply 4
It seems like it controls you and obstructs your psychological, profound and actual prosperity. Gorging implies eating huge amounts of food in a brief period and feeling like you can't stop.

Quick Reply

Latest