Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scott129
Love me a bit of Killswitch!

Yesssssss!!!!! :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by simpletech668
Killswitch Engage anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My old colleague used to play them a lot. Couldn't get into it, just sounded annoying. Then again I don't like metal core in general
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
The delain album is amazing, every track. To me Delain are a bit like within temptation in a way but much better. Since Enter WT haven't put out a completely good album without filler, and pop songs like forgiven are pretty tragically bad. Whereas other than Wato delain have released complete albums where every tracks been good. Almost wish delain were headlining at Wembley next week, as the human contradiction is leagues ahead of hydra, and in general Delain are better. Hope they still get a long slot, 45 minutes would be pretty crap.

Really didn't like BCH. There's no atmosphere at all on the album other than the last track. Compare anything on it to say, falling or heir of a dying day or our truth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, fair enough, but I'm still of the opinion that Hydra is the best album they've made. :wink:
Fair enough the sound is a little more to suit the masses, but when I compare it to other albums by any band it is the best...

Wow. Just listened to THC...it's amazing...
Sing to me is an early favourite, the album is so well written. Glad to hear the heavy and symphonic Delain back (even though I still loved WATO).

I think after my second listen too I would say it's the best thing Delain have made!

One problem though was that my CD case looked as if it had been stepped on. The disc still plays fine amazingly, but the case is ruined; it's bent, the paper is creased and the plastic has shattered to pieces inside.

Killswitch Engage anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I liked Howard Jones when he sang in Dangerous by Within Temptation if that counts? :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Yesssssss!!!!! :five:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you think of their most recent album and Jesse returning?
What did you think of their most recent album and Jesse returning?

I think it's good but I also like Howard Jones. Many people say they prefer Howard but in all honesty, it's good having Jesse back. And this may seem as if I've only listened to them for like 5 minutes but In Due Time is my favourite song from album and possibly in their top 5 songs of all time! Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh and Memphis May Fire's anyone? Can't stop singing their new album!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8486
Hello, I'm probably a bit more conservative than most of you guys, since I listen mostly to progressive metal, i.e.:

[video="youtube;8GiBhTSyo8k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GiBhTSyo8k[/video]

They currently have a vocalist (largely clean vocals); I tend to prefer cleaner vocals/no vocals: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg4pB6a-FvU

Before this kind of music, I listened to bands such as Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, 3 Days Grace, and so on.
I think it's good but I also like Howard Jones. Many people say they prefer Howard but in all honesty, it's good having Jesse back. And this may seem as if I've only listened to them for like 5 minutes but In Due Time is my favourite song from album and possibly in their top 5 songs of all time! Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I prefer Howard in general. He just has a better variety of vocals and can do it all. For me, Jesse's better at screaming but is terrible at singing (especially live). He relies on auto-tune a hell of a lot. I did like Disarm The Descent though. Probably my third favourite album by them.

Just seen your post about Memphis May Fire as well... you have great taste! My favourite band at the minute. As you may be able to tell, metalcore is, by some distance, my favourite genre :colondollar:
Yeah, I prefer Howard in general. He just has a better variety of vocals and can do it all. For me, Jesse's better at screaming but is terrible at singing (especially live). He relies on auto-tune a hell of a lot. I did like Disarm The Descent though. Probably my third favourite album by them.

Just seen your post about Memphis May Fire as well... you have great taste! My favourite band at the minute. As you may be able to tell, metalcore is, by some distance, my favourite genre :colondollar:

Yep!!! Memphis May Fire's new album is growing on me day by day!! Such a great album.

And I haven't seen them live so don't really know about their vocals.... I hope I get to see them soon!! Have you seen them live?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boumavilla
Haha, fair enough, but I'm still of the opinion that Hydra is the best album they've made. :wink:
Fair enough the sound is a little more to suit the masses, but when I compare it to other albums by any band it is the best...

Wow. Just listened to THC...it's amazing...
Sing to me is an early favourite, the album is so well written. Glad to hear the heavy and symphonic Delain back (even though I still loved WATO).

I think after my second listen too I would say it's the best thing Delain have made!

One problem though was that my CD case looked as if it had been stepped on. The disc still plays fine amazingly, but the case is ruined; it's bent, the paper is creased and the plastic has shattered to pieces inside.

Oh that sucks, was it amazon? Mine showed up fine. I'm not sure about best, but it's up there with the first two. Sing to me, YBIABG, here come the vultures and army of dolls are my favourites so far.

Hydra's your favourite album by anyone? Fair enough, it's probably their most consistent album since Enter.

You going to see them at Wembley, or any of the other shows?
Yep!!! Memphis May Fire's new album is growing on me day by day!! Such a great album.

And I haven't seen them live so don't really know about their vocals.... I hope I get to see them soon!! Have you seen them live?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, Unconditional's a good album. You should check out "Challenger", their previous album, though. That's my personal favourite and has one of the greatest first halves to an album I've ever heard.

I saw Killswitch on their co-headline tour with Trivium not too long ago. It was a good night but I was expecting a lot more from them, to be brutally honest. I don't really enjoy Trivium either so that probably didn't help :tongue:

I also got to see Miss May I that night, who are pretty similar to Memphis May Fire. That was pretty cool.
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeah, Unconditional's a good album. You should check out "Challenger", their previous album, though. That's my personal favourite and has one of the greatest first halves to an album I've ever heard.

I saw Killswitch on their co-headline tour with Trivium not too long ago. It was a good night but I was expecting a lot more from them, to be brutally honest. I don't really enjoy Trivium either so that probably didn't help :tongue:

I also got to see Miss May I that night, who are pretty similar to Memphis May Fire. That was pretty cool.

Yea I don't really like Trivium either but I do like Miss May I!

Yea Challenger is a good album but my personal favourite is The Hollow. That is a really good album!
Reply 8492
Original post by Zen-Ali
Hello, I'm probably a bit more conservative than most of you guys, since I listen mostly to progressive metal, i.e.:

[video="youtube;8GiBhTSyo8k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GiBhTSyo8k[/video]

That was great.
Reply 8493
Original post by Devel
That was great.

[Indent]Finally, someone replied! :biggrin:

Try this:

[video="youtube;0ipv_l7KoSI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ipv_l7KoSI[/video]

The name of their EP is 'In Time'—you can find it on YouTube. Also, try Polyphia, they're pretty good.[/Indent]
Reply 8494
Original post by Zen-Ali
[Indent]Finally, someone replied! :biggrin:

The name of their EP is 'In Time'—you can find it on YouTube. Also, try Polyphia, they're pretty good.[/Indent]

I will check those out.

In terms of instrumental music I have been listening to Animals As Leaders a bit lately.
Reply 8495
Original post by Devel
I will check those out.

In terms of instrumental music I have been listening to Animals As Leaders a bit lately.

[Indent]This one is also particularly good:

[video="youtube;dqLPb0_ygKk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqLPb0_ygKk[/video]

Say, could you recommend some of their songs? I've heard of them, but I'm not sure what to listen to.[/Indent]
Oh that sucks, was it amazon? Mine showed up fine. I'm not sure about best, but it's up there with the first two. Sing to me, YBIABG, here come the vultures and army of dolls are my favourites so far.

Hydra's your favourite album by anyone? Fair enough, it's probably their most consistent album since Enter.

You going to see them at Wembley, or any of the other shows?

Yep, Amazon. :sigh:

Fair enough, one of my favourites would actually be the bonus track "Don't Let Go", I strangely loved the techno in that!

Yeah by anyone! Lol, do you mean consistent as in consistently bad? :ahee: Enter was good, but it's not something I'd go back to listen to again.

Seeing them in Birmingham next week. :colone: Cannot flippin wait tbh, with Delain it will no doubt be the best gig ever...
Original post by boumavilla
Yep, Amazon. :sigh:

Fair enough, one of my favourites would actually be the bonus track "Don't Let Go", I strangely loved the techno in that!

Yeah by anyone! Lol, do you mean consistent as in consistently bad? :ahee: Enter was good, but it's not something I'd go back to listen to again.

Seeing them in Birmingham next week. :colone: Cannot flippin wait tbh, with Delain it will no doubt be the best gig ever...

I love gothic doom so no. Birminghams cool. Would've suggested meeting if we were going to the same one, what wth the similar artists we like and all. Only listened to the bonus tracks the once so don't really have an opinion on them yet
Reply 8498
Original post by Zen-Ali

Say, could you recommend some of their songs? I've heard of them, but I'm not sure what to listen to.

I've only really listened to some of the stuff from their newest album.

I used to really like Satriani as well but haven't listened to him in quite a while;

I love gothic doom so no. Birminghams cool. Would've suggested meeting if we were going to the same one, what wth the similar artists we like and all. Only listened to the bonus tracks the once so don't really have an opinion on them yet

Enter itself is a good song...
It's quite amazing the jump WT made between Enter and Mother Earth. Much bigger than the jumps they make nowadays!

Yeah I would've too! But oh well, maybe another time...there's still Bloodstock? :wink:

Latest