The Student Room Group

What is it like as a bisexual guy at University?

So, I'm starting uni in September and I want to take this as an opportunity to explore my sexuality for the first time. How easy is it for me to meet other LGBT folk, particularly other bi and gay guys. Do you have to do this at the gay bars or are there other places (particularly on campus) we're this is easy and safe to do?
Reply 1
Depends on the uni but I believe certainly most unis have at least one LGBTQ+ society which will have meetings and socials where you can meet people, and that would probably also facilitate outings to gay bars etc. I would say in terms of on campus that's probably the easiest (and, depending, only) place for that. Otherwise you could try your luck at the campus bars and hope for the best -- sometimes you might find out someone close to you is lgbtq+ as well! But I would say in most places it's definitely easy to find other lgbtq+ people. Also, maybe just my experience but if you're into rock/metal music, maybe try going to that society as well -- my uni's rock society probably has an equal proportion of lgbtq+ members than the actual lgbtq+ society :biggrin:
You've got double the chances of getting with someone
Reply 3
Uni is in my experience a more diverse, tolerant and interesting environment than average society

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending