The Student Room Group

Reading and Leeds Festival 2014

Scroll to see replies

Went last year and going again this year, in my opinion it's literally heaven on earth - everything about it is just pure brilliant

Only thing I'm kinda annoyed about this year are the subs, how Vampire Weekend, Jake Bugg and Macklmore can compare to System, Chase & Status and NIN is beyond me
Original post by jamesjamesk
Went last year and going again this year, in my opinion it's literally heaven on earth - everything about it is just pure brilliant

Only thing I'm kinda annoyed about this year are the subs, how Vampire Weekend, Jake Bugg and Macklmore can compare to System, Chase & Status and NIN is beyond me

Speaks volumes that NIN had more albums than all of this years subs put together. I do actually like VW and I don't mind Bugg but it was a poor choice of subs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 202
Original post by Superunknown17
Speaks volumes that NIN had more albums than all of this years subs put together. I do actually like VW and I don't mind Bugg but it was a poor choice of subs.

Jake Bugg will go down well with Arctic Monkeys on after and that will play a massive part. He might not have the status that bands like SOAD and NIN but it will work on the day.

That said I don't know how Macklemore & Ryan Lewis will be able to pull off a 60-75 minute sub slot and keep it interesting.
Yeah I'm fans of both too but it's just a little frustrating how week they seem compared to recent years
Reply 204

:dance:

Surprised we haven't heard when another announcement is going to be by now.
Original post by jamesjamesk

This lad speaks the truth! Couldn't agree more! Especially with the first couple of sentences!!
Reply 206

They have confirmed that Jimmy Eat World are playing twice, it isn't an error on the poster.

Also I believe Papa Roach have self-confirmed.
Reply 207
Any sane rumours for thé remaining places on the main stages? Kind of hoping for an MGMT announcement or at least Tame Impala :crossedf:
Reply 208
Original post by ipoop
Any sane rumours for thé remaining places on the main stages? Kind of hoping for an MGMT announcement or at least Tame Impala :crossedf:

I'm hoping for MGMT, not so much Tame because I'm already seeing them twice this year. MGMT would be great though
Reply 209
Original post by BenCuis
I'm hoping for MGMT, not so much Tame because I'm already seeing them twice this year. MGMT would be great though

Seing Tame at Fishbury park? :wink: I would go, would love to see miles lane as well but I really dislike AM so I probably won't see Tame for a while; it's a day before my birthday as well, would've been magical :frown: I just had a terrible thought, Coldplay have a new album coming out... imagine.. :haughty:
Reply 210
Original post by ipoop
Seing Tame at Fishbury park? :wink: I would go, would love to see miles lane as well but I really dislike AM so I probably won't see Tame for a while; it's a day before my birthday as well, would've been magical :frown: I just had a terrible thought, Coldplay have a new album coming out... imagine.. :haughty:

Yeah mate, Finsbury Park! I'm mainly going for Tame and Royal Blood, but I like Miles Kane and Arctics as well.
Royal Blood would be sick, I'm seeing them at Glasto but it would be great if Leeds had them too.

I'll add the poster to the first page.
Reply 212
Original post by BenCuis
Yeah mate, Finsbury Park! I'm mainly going for Tame and Royal Blood, but I like Miles Kane and Arctics as well.

Well have fun! :biggrin:
Reply 213
I'm guessing from the poster that letlive, Architects and Issues will be in Lock-Up/The Pit.

I don't know who the last Lock-Up headliner will be. :dontknow:
Reply 214
Who else has got early bird for Reading then?:biggrin:
Original post by ipoop

Is be surprised to see MGMT playing that far down the bill.

Personally I'm hoping for The Horrors on Sat main stage, which could well be possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can not wait for Leeds fest :O looks so good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 217
Original post by Endless Blue
Is be surprised to see MGMT playing that far down the bill.

Personally I'm hoping for The Horrors on Sat main stage, which could well be possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No harm in hoping otherwise :wink:
Reply 218
This is apparently tomorrows announcement:

Reply 219
Pretty confident that is legit.

Decent lineup, better than last years.

Quick Reply

Latest