The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by Skopuningurin
What? :confused: I am so sorry to hear that! :frown:

Thanks, this really does suck :frown: I sent the uni an e-mail asking for some feedback about my application and some information on how I could improve my chances next year, so I guess I'll be applying again in the fall...
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 641
Original post by czechmishaout
I still haven't heard back from Dundee :s-smilie: But, I'm pretty sure I want to go to Aberdeen. About 99% sure. I'm just waiting to visit both cities and unis in a couple weeks. I want to be sure I'm completely happy with my choice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Remember to tell what you liked them :smile:
Original post by katweena
Does anyone know if you're allowed a guest to stay over in your university accommodation? Because I've looked through all the rules etc and can't find anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know if it has been answered but yes I live in Grant court and you could basically have someone live with you , they don't check on you or anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 643
Anyone who knows if they are any other student loans excluding SAAS? I mean are they student loans for accommodation for example? Or student loans in general? I really want to firm Aberdeen already but money are big problem :/ The accommodations is just too expensive for me..
Original post by jasminkr
Thanks, this really does suck :frown: I sent the uni an e-mail asking for some feedback about my application and some information on how I could improve my chances next year, so I guess I'll be applying again in the fall...

You should do that. :smile:

I want to wish you all the best luck!
Reply 645
Original post by Skopuningurin
You should do that. :smile:

I want to wish you all the best luck!

Thank you, and good luck to you in your studies, hopefully I will be there next year :smile:
Reply 646
Original post by jasminkr
Thank you, and good luck to you in your studies, hopefully I will be there next year :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 647
I feel like I got to this thread really late! :eek:

I've already finished my A levels and so have an unconditional offer, accepted it and am studying Marine Biology in September :biggrin: Utterly love this university and the department. Anyone else studying bio courses?
Reply 648
For UE students: aren't you afraid of the possible consequences of the Scottish referendum? Will we have to pay fees if it passes?
Original post by Mr Ruf
For UE students: aren't you afraid of the possible consequences of the Scottish referendum? Will we have to pay fees if it passes?

When the fees for English folks increased, the current students weren't affected. So I think (hope) it would be the same way if Scotland decided to separate. Plus, I reckon it would take a few years to implement it anyway, so we'd be almost finished. Surely there would be an alternative for us. The Scottish gov't is aware of how many EUs are attending a uni over there.

However, I don't think it will be a yes decision. It's hard to keep up from behind the English Channel, but I'm trying. I think people might say 'yes, I want to separate' in a survey, but when it actually comes to the real thing, they might realize what a massive step it would be.
(Not trying to pick a fight with anybody here, after all, I'm just an outsider, so I might not have the best info sources)
Reply 650
Original post by Mr Ruf

You might want to read this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2602920.
Reply 651
Do you think that the referendum will be successful?
Reply 652
Just firmed Aberdeen for English Lit. and Creative Writing. Can't wait! :biggrin: (From Italy)
Reply 653
I'm really struggling to decide between Aberdeen and Dundee to do Geography next year, anybody got any help/advice or can tell me what the best things about Aberdeen are? Any help at all is appreciated! :smile:
Reply 654
Hi guys
I have a doubt. Filling in my application for saas,at page 8 when I have to insert my Uni, which one I have to put? My first or my insurance?
If i put my first choice,but at the end the Uni where I will go is the insurance,what happens?
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by krisko31
Hi guys
I have a doubt. Filling in my application for saas,at page 8 when I have to insert my Uni, which one I have to put? My first or my insurance?
If i put my first choice,but at the end the Uni where I will go is the insurance,what happens?
Posted from TSR Mobile

This is what I'm stuck at too. I think you put in your first choice uni. But I don't know what happens if we don't get into our first choice...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 656
Hi guys
Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember reading from SAAS website that you can change the university somehow, if you end up in a different place. You just need to inform SAAS of it.
Reply 657
Original post by Kup-Kake
I'm really struggling to decide between Aberdeen and Dundee to do Geography next year, anybody got any help/advice or can tell me what the best things about Aberdeen are? Any help at all is appreciated! :smile:

Have you checked the rankings? I think overall Aberdeen is little bit better.
Reply 658
Original post by dhlody20
I remember reading from SAAS website that you can change the university somehow, if you end up in a different place. You just need to inform SAAS of it.

Well now I understand thanx :smile:
Original post by littlefox
Anyone who knows if they are any other student loans excluding SAAS? I mean are they student loans for accommodation for example? Or student loans in general? I really want to firm Aberdeen already but money are big problem :/ The accommodations is just too expensive for me..

Universities often have scholarships and bursaries available to people who may be eligible so definitely look at what scholarships and bursaries are available to Aberdeen students on their website. There could be some general ones, ones specific to accommodation, and so on.

Hi guys
Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Airess3
This is what I'm stuck at too. I think you put in your first choice uni. But I don't know what happens if we don't get into our first choice...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You apply for SAAS based on your firm choice. If you end up going somewhere else, you just contact SAAS at the time and tell them you're changing university and course. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending