The Student Room Group

G484: OCR Physics A Unit 4 - 11th June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'll be looking to see the questions here.

I'm in Year 12 so not sitting the exam, but I was awake at like 4am and couldn't sleep... So what did I do...

Yep, learnt all of G484 lmao

So would like to see questions and help if I can!:colone:

such motivation :gah:

so inspiring :awesome:
Original post by LeaX
Me neither. :frown: I did no revision yesterday and less than an hour today. Think I peaked too early... Are you feeling confident about Physics?

In general yes ( Well I think so).
G482 just have to go over some topics again. Finished all past papers.
G484 basically going over the "harder" questions for topics that really isn't convered in the OCR books well.for example Circular Motion on slopes.
G485: Mixture of past papers and going through content.

You?
Reply 42
Original post by yodawg321
In general yes ( Well I think so).
G482 just have to go over some topics again. Finished all past papers.
G484 basically going over the "harder" questions for topics that really isn't convered in the OCR books well.for example Circular Motion on slopes.
G485: Mixture of past papers and going through content.

You?

I'm only sitting G484 and am similar to you. I want to get my exam on Tuesday out the way and then I plan on going over more detailed notes to make sure I understand all the underlying principles. Which harder questions are you going over? Are they on a website or in a textbook?
Original post by LeaX
Wow, that's amazing. When I can't sleep at 4am I just watch Netflix. Wish I was as motivated as you lol.

Lol, well I wasted a whole two days on netflix so was making up for it :rofl:

Original post by Infinity_4652
such motivation :gah:

so inspiring :awesome:

:colone:

Circular motion, shm, gravity, and some chemistry basically
Original post by LeaX
I'm only sitting G484 and am similar to you. I want to get my exam on Tuesday out the way and then I plan on going over more detailed notes to make sure I understand all the underlying principles. Which harder questions are you going over? Are they on a website or in a textbook?

Hello, I wish you happiness and well-being.

I've just started revising for this, but I can't find the June 2013 paper!!! Do you know where I could get it?
Reply 45
Original post by GuanyinBuddha
Hello, I wish you happiness and well-being.

I've just started revising for this, but I can't find the June 2013 paper!!! Do you know where I could get it?

Hi :smile: Unfortunately I don't have the paper and I've looked on Google for it and haven't managed to find it. Sorry
Original post by LeaX
Hi :smile: Unfortunately I don't have the paper and I've looked on Google for it and haven't managed to find it. Sorry

Ah man, unfair haha, some of peers have it but won't give it to me, they're at an advantage T_T
I really want to get an A on this paper but I'm ALWAYS short of a few marks. Calculations and definitions are my strong point unless I do some silly mistakes lol.

I drop marks more on the writing questions. Does anyone have any tips on how I can improve? I would be so grateful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
when going solid -> liquid -> gas is there only an increase in potential energy at changes of states and when heating a liquid?
Made a quick spreadsheet of all the grade boundaries I could find

Hope this helps!
Reply 50
Original post by LeaX
More exam questions, these are from the new spec. :smile:

just wondering are the questions in this just questions from the past papers and all put into one pdf? or are there questions in here from some where else too?
Reply 51
Original post by ramo55
just wondering are the questions in this just questions from the past papers and all put into one pdf? or are there questions in here from some where else too?

They are from the old specification papers as far as I know. :smile:
Original post by LeaX
when going solid -> liquid -> gas is there only an increase in potential energy at changes of states and when heating a liquid?

Yes at a change of states there's only a change of potential energy but between states (I.e. heating a liquid) there's a change in KE with a small change of potential energy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Hi!

Is unit 3 the unit on 11june? Newtonian World is not Unit4. Fields, Particles and Frontiers is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Original post by Taffs12
Hi!

Is unit 3 the unit on 11june? Newtonian World is not Unit4. Fields, Particles and Frontiers is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

newtonian world is unit 4 and it's on the 11th june in the afternoon
unit 5 is fields, particles and frontiers
unit 3 is coursework
Reply 56
Oh right. Lool, thanks. I know that my exam was on Wednesday but wasn't too sure if Newtonian world is called unit four. Aha

How are you feeling? Been revising hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Any tips on revision?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by Taffs12
Oh right. Lool, thanks. I know that my exam was on Wednesday but wasn't too sure if Newtonian world is called unit four. Aha

How are you feeling? Been revising hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile

but doing quite a lot of revision but i have never felt so unprepared for an exam before, feel like i don't understand what's going on in calculations and starting to feel like everything i knew i've forgotten. think it's just last minute nerves, hopefully. what about you?
Reply 59
Aw, don't worry I'm sure it's just nerves. You still have time. I get really worried too. I stopped looking at this unit for a bit because I was focussing on the others and am also getting worried now. You just need to think of it logically I guess. It's a good unit in the aspect that you can imagine the situations realistically.

What are your plans tomorrow? What kind of revision works best for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending