OCR A2 geology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by behindblueglass
I messed up...

At least you didnt spell subsidence with an a :frown:
cool :smile: What about the carbon thirteen graph thingy? haha
Original post by Wombat96

Thats very true, i did how ever say in this exam that the compound eye of the trilobite was a defensive feature...not sure how I feel about this :P

At least you didn't spell subsidence as subsisdence >.> I had such a mini argument in my head about whether it was subsidence to subsisdence and I realised that I was thinking of subsistence as in subsistence farming ~_~ I feel so stupid :frown:
Original post by Willrichards101
cool :smile: What about the carbon thirteen graph thingy? haha

Colder climate -> ice caps -> eustatic regression (lower sea level)
regression -> reduced shallow marine habitat (cont. shelf) -> brachiopods depleted
Colder -> less biomass -> less C12 being used up by plants (for photosynth.) -> greater ratio of C12 -> lower ratio of C13
Colder climate -> ice caps -> eustatic regression (lower sea level)
regression -> reduced shallow marine habitat (cont. shelf) -> brachiopods depleted
Colder -> less biomass -> less C12 being used up by plants (for photosynth.) -> greater ratio of C12 -> lower ratio of C13

Sorry to but it in but where was this graph? Could you let me know what it was after or before please?
Original post by EmilyStrange13
Sorry to but it in but where was this graph? Could you let me know what it was after or before please?

errrrr im not sure :P i wanna say about the middle?
It was three vertical graphs side by side
errrrr im not sure :P i wanna say about the middle?
It was three vertical graphs side by side

Omg I don't remember them... What was on the opposite of the paper? I'm wondering whether I've missed out a page! Dx
Original post by EmilyStrange13
Omg I don't remember them... What was on the opposite of the paper? I'm wondering whether I've missed out a page! Dx

The page next to it was the isostatic/eustatic questions if I remember
Original post by Willrichards101
The page next to it was the isostatic/eustatic questions if I remember

Oh okay, thank you! I do remember doing those questions, phew... I thought I missed a page out or something! I do vaguely remember a graph but I was running out of time so I didn't look at it for very long which explains why I was questioning where the graph was haha
Reply 91
I think about 0.0215 or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm pretty sure thats the right answer me and my friends got that too :smile:.
Reply 92
See I'm hoping for low grade boundaries on this paper because although it may have seemed an easy paper (for some reason lots of people at my school found it easy) I found it ok but I noticed for a lot of the questions you had to do a lot for just a few marks like the trace fossil question was only one mark, so was the habitats for the limestone question and then you had to mention four detailed things about corals for only three marks. So when you look at it like that it was actually quite easy to start dropping a few marks which is why I think grade boundaries may be nice and low :smile:.
Original post by Zozzy
See I'm hoping for low grade boundaries on this paper because although it may have seemed an easy paper (for some reason lots of people at my school found it easy) I found it ok but I noticed for a lot of the questions you had to do a lot for just a few marks like the trace fossil question was only one mark, so was the habitats for the limestone question and then you had to mention four detailed things about corals for only three marks. So when you look at it like that it was actually quite easy to start dropping a few marks which is why I think grade boundaries may be nice and low :smile:.

I agree with you! There wasn't even enough space for that question on mentioning four detailed things about corals! It was so silly that the majority of the questions were 2/3 mark questions T.T I see what you mean, I can't wait till the grade boundaries are released!
For the trilobite with better vision it was te one that had the compound eyes... I said because it allows it to see forwards sideways and backwards then say 180 degrees in brackets *facepalm*
Knew there was one that had the 360 degrees but then thought that would have to allow it to see downwards...

The people aiming for higher grades in my class found it alright, the others found it hard..
what did you guys say about the different spines on the two trilobites. I just wrote that the first one had longer spines...
what did you guys say about the different spines on the two trilobites. I just wrote that the first one had longer spines...

Think i mentioned how the pleura ended in spines too, the genal spines seemed pretty similar to me. Left one had a smooth edged pygidium, right one had separated spines coming off it
Think i mentioned how the pleura ended in spines too, the genal spines seemed pretty similar to me. Left one had a smooth edged pygidium, right one had separated spines coming off it

Well it looks like this exam sucked for me :/
I wanted to get a A I got an A for As last year with 88% on rocks...
Now may need to go some calculations and see what I need ect :/
Well it looks like this exam sucked for me :/
I wanted to get a A I got an A for As last year with 88% on rocks...
Now may need to go some calculations and see what I need ect :/

Do you need an A or just want it? :wink:
Do you need an A or just want it? :wink:

Well I need ABB to get into uni
not sure how Environmental studies went, it could be a B or an A
so I want the A in geology as a back up
I also struggle with geography, so was hoping to get two As and then a C for geography
I guess I'll have to see :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending