The Student Room Group

Do you want to marry/date someone thats in the same job field as you are?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Become a prop trader at a hedge fund (my primary goal). Have a family someday and maybe experience love of some sort?

fair enough, good luck with your goals brother p.s. are those your parents cars in that pic you have on your profile? :eek:
Original post by Ggmu!
Prefer she didn't work at all tbh but that depends on the individual. Some women go insane after living at home for so long...

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you don't mind me asking - why do you prefer she didn't work?

Not attacking you or anything =P
Original post by a10
fair enough, good luck with your goals brother p.s. are those your parents cars in that pic you have on your profile? :eek:

Nope, I just got it of a friends picture, my dad had a Nissan Primera. My family isn't wealthy at all.. so you can see where my motivation stems from.
Reply 43
Nope, I just got it of a friends picture, my dad had a Nissan Primera. My family isn't wealthy at all.. so you can see where my motivation stems from.

keep going brother, you sound determined (that's good) just don't let it get the best of you in your life :smile:
No, complete opposite hopefully
I don't care at all tbh, except not in the same exact field e.g. if I do tax law then he should do corporate law or if I was doing forensics then he would do genetics,
So same areaish but not the same job

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not bothered but different would be nice so we could share things and it's not all the same
Not bothered either way tbh
not possible, my wife is farrrrrrrrrr more intelligent than me
Reply 49
Original post by IdeasForLife
If you don't mind me asking - why do you prefer she didn't work?

Not attacking you or anything =P

No problem lol.

I think it would make family life easier with someone being able to effectively run the household and raise children without the need for any childminders etc. I think mothers also have a natural bond with a child, kind of.

It's a selfish expectation but you have to dream lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would rather my wife not work anyway.

ohh mahh gawd you disrecpeting mah womanself, you sexist.
I voted yes but I wouldn't want someone in the same profession as me, more like in the same job sector, so we could still be able to relate to each other and also have more things to talk about.

But if not then it's still all good, the heart wants what it wants and all that....
Never. Purely because I'd hate the idea that we would probably be in competition with each other all the time, it'd drive me nuts.

I'd like someone who follows their passion and hobbies, wasn't overly competitive or obsessed with their career (like I am).

In other words, probably someone who is opposite to me in that area, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why not? But probably from a different department just to spice up interesting debate - I want to be an MFL teacher.
Although it could prove pretty tactical if your partner can network at her firm on your behalf, so that if you lose your job you can have an easier time finding another. Proper little team.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd want someone who was in a job that was as high paying as me, and something that required intelligence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I couldn't be more happier if my all powerful beautiful stunning wife was in the same industry as I was. Moral & Professional support from one person is pricelessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yes,id love to work all day then come home and talk about work. Work is only a means to an end. For most of us, we are working to make others rich . We may think ourselves rich as a result of our endeavours but we are just deluded.
This is what I want - a guy in finance :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's unlikely that I'll find anyone of the opposing sex in the same job field as me, so it doesn't really matter, but with that being said, I wouldn't mind it.

Quick Reply

Latest