The Student Room Group

I want to marry her.

Me and my gf , (im 18, shes 17) have been dating for over 2 years, and i know she's the one. We have the money to do it, shes 18 in 2 months. I lover her family, they've accepted me as one of their own, we both got accepted into the same university. My family love her as if they were her daughter, and our friends get on amazing. We have spoken about what we want, and we both want to do it sooner rather than later. Everything is perfect, we do everything together and i cant live without her. should i ask her to marry me?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Me and my gf , (im 18, shes 17) have been dating for over 2 years, and i know she's the one. We have the money to do it, shes 18 in 2 months. I lover her family, they've accepted me as one of their own, we both got accepted into the same university. My family love her as if they were her daughter, and our friends get on amazing. We have spoken about what we want, and we both want to do it sooner rather than later. Everything is perfect, we do everything together and i cant live without her. should i ask her to marry me?

Are you stable enough, financially where do you plan to live in the long term and how. Educationally I’m sure you both are still in your college days have you both necessarily got the education required to both get your next big jobs? Have you considered this what about family in the future how do you plan to up-bring and provide for them your decision is rash but you need to be thoughtful, careful and considerate before making a decision such as this?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

If you want, yes then you dont need random peoples validation. What I would say is that if you really do believe she is the one then why get married now? Is there a religious or cultural factor at play?

Regarding marriage, i dont think you really ever know someone until you have properly lived together, in your own place and living normal, mundane life, with fights, stress and difficulties. Too often people get married too early, when all they do is date (as in see person in week and go out etc). This is the beginning of what makes a strong relationship, not the middle and end part.

Dont rush things,

Greg
Go with your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you. :smile:
If you feel ready and think that now is the right time to talk to your gf about getting married, go for it.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending