The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3340
Original post by Converse&Roses
I still can't believe that lots of "fans" have stopped watching the show because Peter Capaldi just happens to be an older guy. I mean, how shallow can you get?

Seriously?! They'd better never try watching the very first series then :mmm:
Original post by Black Rose
:crazy:

I will do.. eventually..... :moon:

Haha how did she react? What did she say? :tongue:

No, NOW :fuhrer: :mmm:

I phoned her up and said it creepily - she didn't fall for it :sad: But was still really fub to do :giggle:
Doctor Who Radio Times is out! The interview was pretty disappointing but we have the ep guide! Very brief summary of each because it's rather worth the purchase.

Spoiler

Good to see some newer writers on board for a change :yep:
(edited 9 years ago)
Avoided all spoilers and speculation for the coming series. I'll see what comes.
Some more hints about each episode

Spoiler

From the sounds of it, it is shaping up to be pretty strong.
Aaawh no I'm going to miss the first episode. I'm away in Belgium, which is very nice and everything but I'm still annoyed about missing Doctor Who. Perhaps I can still catch it over there.
Reply 3346
Original post by KATCreative
Aaawh no I'm going to miss the first episode. I'm away in Belgium, which is very nice and everything but I'm still annoyed about missing Doctor Who. Perhaps I can still catch it over there.

Me too :sad:
I'll be in a field in Norfolk instead of Belgium though. Soon as I'm home my laptop is turning on though!
Original post by Aula
Me too :sad:
I'll be in a field in Norfolk instead of Belgium though. Soon as I'm home my laptop is turning on though!

Aww I feel for you
2 days 'til Doctor Who! So excited :ahee:

Anybody here going to the cinema to watch it?
Original post by HBPrincess
2 days 'til Doctor Who! So excited :ahee:

Anybody here going to the cinema to watch it?

It's on in cinema?

But no, I can watch it on TV just fine. Silently optimistic.
Original post by SirMasterKey
It's on in cinema?

But no, I can watch it on TV just fine. Silently optimistic.

Yeah - well they're showing it at the Odeon near where I live. I believe they're showing it in selected cinemas.
Can't wait to see what Capaldi is going to be like as the Doctor :biggrin:
There's a couple of cinemas near here doing it too! I'm watching it at home though - with friends who will also be quiet for the duration of the show :p:
Original post by bubble999
I haven't had chance to - it's not been repeated and I can't watch online due to having a download limit :frown: But I definitely want to again :yep:

Do you look after the Dr Who threads? :smile: Are we going to have a new Peter Capaldi / Doctor XII thread on Saturday with a new poll? It would be fun to have that I think. :yep:

It will be totally amazing to see Peter and Jenna working in the new one, it's horribly exciting. :colondollar:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Do you look after the Dr Who threads? :smile: Are we going to have a new Peter Capaldi / Doctor XII thread on Saturday with a new poll? It would be fun to have that I think. :yep:

It will be totally amazing to see Peter and Jenna working in the new one, it's horribly exciting. :colondollar:

I mod the Chat section - I'm just here because I love DW :gah:

Users are able to create their own threads and polls, so you could do that! That would be awesome :woo:

I can't wait!!
I mod the Chat section - I'm just here because I love DW :gah:

Users are able to create their own threads and polls, so you could do that! That would be awesome :woo:

I can't wait!!

I wasn't sure if it would just get modded back into this thread? I thought maybe a mod should start the new one, say as soon as the new episode starts or something like that. :cool:

I know, it's like, come on, we've got this far, let's end the tension! :teehee:
I wasn't sure if it would just get modded back into this thread? I thought maybe a mod should start the new one, say as soon as the new episode starts or something like that. :cool:

I know, it's like, come on, we've got this far, let's end the tension! :teehee:

I'm not sure how the polls work actually - I guess either the OP or a mod from this section (entertainment), could change it :dontknow:

Haha yeah, it's been soooo long - I'm ready for a new series :h:
So is this Doctor Twelve? Or not? Some say yes, others no.

DW experts - please confirm one way or the other. :cool:
I'm not sure how the polls work actually - I guess either the OP or a mod from this section (entertainment), could change it :dontknow:

Haha yeah, it's been soooo long - I'm ready for a new series :h:

I guess if nobody else adds one (unlikely! :giggle:) I will keep an eye and add one about 15 mins before it starts.
So is this Doctor Twelve? Or not? Some say yes, others no.

DW experts - please confirm one way or the other. :cool:

12th actor and according to Moffat thinks of himself as the 12th, but he's the 14th incarnation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
12th actor and according to Moffat thinks of himself as the 12th, but he's the 14th incarnation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does John Hurt not get included then? Was he non-canonical for some reason, despite being very much an 'actor'? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest