The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I dropped from 745 last year to 705 this year. F'in fantastic!
Original post by Mehhhh
I dropped from 745 last year to 705 this year. F'in fantastic!

Frustrating but it seems to be harder this year on the whole. 705 is still a great score! What was the worst section?
Original post by emj12
Frustrating but it seems to be harder this year on the whole. 705 is still a great score! What was the worst section?

Hopefully cutoffs drop this year :smile: I can't wait for the "Early September" preliminary scores to be released! VR was my worst (530) but it was expected; it has always been my worst section.

I think that people here have been exaggerating the high difficulty of DA - it is harder this year, but only slightly.
Original post by Mehhhh
Hopefully cutoffs drop this year :smile: I can't wait for the "Early September" preliminary scores to be released! VR was my worst (530) but it was expected; it has always been my worst section.

I think that people here have been exaggerating the high difficulty of DA - it is harder this year, but only slightly.

Yeah I hope so too! A VR is tough :frown: boring passages and lack of time isn't a good combination.
What was QR like? DA I've found to be okay so hopefully it's not too bad :smile:
Any tips for Abstract reasoning? Can never spot any patterns and just guess randomly most questions
Was VR similar to Mock A on the UKCAT website?
Are the online KAPLAN mocks similar at all to the real thing? Or are they easier/harder?
Heyyyy please anyone how do you reset the calculator?!?? Test is today pleaseee help me
Original post by MissC123
Heyyyy please anyone how do you reset the calculator?!?? Test is today pleaseee help me

You have to click the on/off button with your mouse. I tried using escape because it works on medify but it didn't work in my test.
Original post by Mehhhh

The final average for DA last year was 770, this year looking at the database of UKCAT scores the average score is 674, and that's just among people from TSR.
I have mine today, I'm so nervous! I never seem to do very well in mocks so I have a feeling its not going to go well :frown:
Original post by sophiesummer12
I have mine today, I'm so nervous! I never seem to do very well in mocks so I have a feeling its not going to go well :frown:

Just relax, you can only give it your best shot and I'm sure it'll all end up ok. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5652

Don't worry ! I'm the same I do impressive in practice (70-80%) and terrific in mocks (50%). Just calm
Down before you start and say to yourself it's just a a set of questions.
Good luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone is interested in the Kaplan online study plan from the 2 day classroom course, which includes short test for each of the sub sections and mock tests, please PM me. :smile:
Exam in 5 hours, the stress is disgusting. I think im gonna have a heart attack. Tbh its not even about the score anymore, i just want to get this ****ty exam finished
Hello everybody, I have booked my ukcat on 20 sept and will be starting serious preparation from today, do you think I am late for the preparation?

I have also started with the 600Q book? Can I still aim for 750ish?
Original post by Ruxy
Don't worry ! I'm the same I do impressive in practice (70-80%) and terrific in mocks (50%). Just calm
Good luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! That makes me feel better haha. Abstract reasoning will definitely be the death of me, I can never spot the patterns!
Original post by Ruxy
Good luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean terrible rather than terrific? (not that 50% is terrible, its just you seem to think so) I guess I was being a bit of an idiot but your post just really confused me for a few seconds :P

Same here. I just want to do it. But I'm terrified
Original post by shloke123
Exam in 5 hours, the stress is disgusting. I think im gonna have a heart attack. Tbh its not even about the score anymore, i just want to get this ****ty exam finished

Calm down! you will be fine, have positive thoughts, take a deep breath and give the test your best shot! :smile:

I know how you feel, I have my exam on Friday and I have already started getting palpitations.

Latest

Trending

Trending