The Student Room Group

Birkbeck, University of London (2014 Start)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kp95
there's an induction with drinks etc on monday evening but there aren't any freshers events specific to birkbeck, its pretty general but there'll be lots of other birkbeck students hanging out at the union!

is it this monday?

would be up for the drinks session though
Reply 241
Anyone heading to the bar after the welcome reception? http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/get-together-welcome-reception-2014-tickets-8166846257

Would be nice to meet some people!
Original post by i360
Anyone heading to the bar after the welcome reception? http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/get-together-welcome-reception-2014-tickets-8166846257

Would be nice to meet some people!

What's happening at the bar? Is it a birkbeck specific event or just generally going to the bar after the welcome event?
Reply 243
Original post by Kp95
pretty sure it's 6-8 but we can meet a bit before if you want? i dont know anyone!

would be up for that but no alcohol for me :smile: :pepsi:
Reply 244
Original post by darisnada
What's happening at the bar? Is it a birkbeck specific event or just generally going to the bar after the welcome event?

No haha just generally going to the bar.
So who's going to the actual Birkbeck freshers fair then? I've got my induction on that day so I'll probably give it a peep, but otherwise from what I've heard it seems like it's going to be pretty dull
Original post by samixcv
So who's going to the actual Birkbeck freshers fair then? I've got my induction on that day so I'll probably give it a peep, but otherwise from what I've heard it seems like it's going to be pretty dull

think you should tbh. at a uni like BBK i think you'll need to go to as many events as you can to get to know people
Reply 247
anyone know when the psychology induction is? :confused::rolleyes:
Reply 248
Original post by samixcv

Original post by The Assassin
think you should tbh. at a uni like BBK i think you'll need to go to as many events as you can to get to know people

When is the freshers?
Reply 249
Original post by Jaz_A
When is the freshers?

Thursday 25 September: Birkbeck Students' Union Freshers' Fayre

Drop-in to The Gallery at Student Central, Malet Street between 4.30pm-8pm

Reply 250
Original post by skaur_1

Thursday 25 September: Birkbeck Students' Union Freshers' Fayre

Drop-in to The Gallery at Student Central, Malet Street between 4.30pm-8pm

Thank you ^^ Not sure if I'll be there, not due to move until the weekend :/
Reply 251
Original post by i360
Glad to hear that, I think we should be getting more people involved because not a lot of people from BBK are from TSR.

There's a freshers group on Facebook with 186 members
https://www.facebook.com/groups/593256334096556

I'm 18 too! 19 in October, studying law. I also hope that I'll be meeting people my age since the majority of people at BBK are 21+!

I'll be up for the SOAS freshers fayre with people from BBK, It'd be too awkward if I went alone :redface:

I wonder if we'll be able to attend the other freshers fair, since the University of London Union offers free membership to people from all UoL colleges

I'd definitely be up for UCL Freshers fayre!!

Read the Essential Guide by Student Central guys
http://www.student-central.co.uk/pageassets/about/guide/FINAL-GUIDE-WEB-2014.pdf

I'm 19 studying psych.. so are you going to ucl/soas freshers??
Original post by skaur_1
anyone know when the psychology induction is? :confused::rolleyes:

Wednesday (1st October) :smile: x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 253
Anyone going to the welcome event tonight?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 254
Original post by capri
Anyone going to the welcome event tonight?

Posted from TSR Mobile

me :smile: wbu??

Original post by natrdoyle
Wednesday (1st October) :smile: x

what time does it start?? :smile:
Reply 255
Soz don't know how to reply directly on the app.

I was doing a Cert.HE there last year so basically lived in The George lol so it would be cool if some of us went there later. Drinks are cheap. On a good night you can get a glass of wine for £1.80 and pints are £2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skaur_1
me :smile: wbu??

what time does it start?? :smile:

It's 4pm - 5pm, just before our first lecture, but the email said that if you can't make it there will be a shorter induction/orientation in our first lecture
Reply 257
Original post by natrdoyle
It's 4pm - 5pm, just before our first lecture, but the email said that if you can't make it there will be a shorter induction/orientation in our first lecture

thnx :ta:
Reply 258
The welcome evening was good but everyone left so early! Don't think I met any TSRians there

Looking forward to the BBKSU Pub Crawl tomorrow!
Reply 259
Original post by i360
The welcome evening was good but everyone left so early! Don't think I met any TSRians there

Looking forward to the BBKSU Pub Crawl tomorrow!

might be there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending