The Student Room Group

Graph Sketching

HELP PLEASE...

I am scared they may ask a graph sketching question in my interview for cambridge. How would you go about drawing y=sinx/x. what are the techiniques to do it quickly.
Original post by cuty123
HELP PLEASE...

I am scared they may ask a graph sketching question in my interview for cambridge. How would you go about drawing y=sinx/x. what are the techiniques to do it quickly.

There are quite a lot of videos on this. I don't think there's a lot of point learning this off by heart, if you recite a proof you'll know you've just learned it and they'll move swiftly on. Plus, given that this is an example on their website, I think it's unlikely they'll ask it anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by Chlorophile
There are quite a lot of videos on this. I don't think there's a lot of point learning this off by heart, if you recite a proof you'll know you've just learned it and they'll move swiftly on. Plus, given that this is an example on their website, I think it's unlikely they'll ask it anyway.

Thnks. but I want a technique to draw any graph given at interview such as say y=x^x or y=sin(1/x). Any technique plz
Original post by cuty123
Thnks. but I want a technique to draw any graph given at interview such as say y=x^x or y=sin(1/x). Any technique plz

Well firstly try to work out the x and y intercept/s, then differentiating it to find stationary points is always a good idea. You could put particular values of x into the function to get an idea about the shape.
Reply 4
Original post by Chlorophile
Well firstly try to work out the x and y intercept/s, then differentiating it to find stationary points is always a good idea. You could put particular values of x into the function to get an idea about the shape.

Could u do an example please. say y=sin(1/x) graph

Quick Reply

Latest