The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Football for me.

Can't stand some sports like cricket, tennis and polo. Too posh for my liking :biggrin:!
Reply 2
i hate tennis it is :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:
surly if your only gonna name 4 sports you should include an "other" option.

personally, i like badminton.

love Katy ***
Reply 4
i know kate but i am including the 4 main sports
omg..whoever voted for wrestling is a loser

wrestling is just a circus and all the wrestlers are clowns.

and nowadays its just a crappy soap.
Reply 6
I like tennis, squash, table-tennis and badminton (all similar). Football and rugby are OK. Cricket is rubbish to watch and play (except quick-cricket). Drinking games are better still, though.

Ben
Il mio sport preferito é il calcio.

The thread title is a bit misleading though...
Reply 8
eric bischoff

Why are these the 4 main sports? :confused: is it measured by tv audience? I would have thought things like tennis would be more popular than that?

Anyway, I like F1. faaassssssstttttt...... :biggrin:
eric bischoff

what kinda water are you drinking to think they are the 4 main sports??

i dont know anyone over 12 who likes wrestling let alone does it. and i know no1 who even likes boxing?

love Katy ***
Reply 10
Wrestling isn't a sport. Specially not on TV its more of a drama series. My fav sports are:

1. Hockey
2. Cricket
3. Badminton
Reply 11
I love tennis. How can you say it's posh. Everyone can play tennis. It's not quite on the same scale as polo which involves being rich enough to have a horse. Hockey's good too but when the ball goes into the air I generally throw myself on the ground. I've seen the damage they can do and it aint pretty.
Reply 12
I would have said hockey, but its a bit vicious for me now!
Reply 13
mr-shiraz
I would have said hockey, but its a bit vicious for me now!

I know! Some players were so vicious I used to just run away. Butch girls with big sticks are scary.
Reply 14
Toyosi
I know! Some players were so vicious I used to just run away. Butch girls with big sticks are scary.

I'm sure girls playing sport are more scary that guys, - i'm terrified about joining girls rugby, - I'd be eaten alive!
Reply 15
Football rules! Hockey was good, but beware hackers (I might have hacked a few times myself, but stopped after a bit). I actually had a hockey ball land on my head once after bouncing off my stick. Luckily it was a rally soft blow, and didn't hurt.
Also, table tennis is a brilliant sport to play. I've played it since I was about 8 or 9, and love it.
Reply 16
As long as you have shin pads, Hockey ain't so bad. I agree with Ben.S though, Drinking Games are so much more fun that conventional games!
Reply 17
i like badminton and table tennis(kos you need quick reactions specially when you are playing against a really good opponent...in the meantime go to http://www.miniclip.com/tabletennis.htm (it's a virtual table tennis game and it is pretty kool) i also like swimming, not as a competative thing though...

oh yeah, and it think that wrestling is sheit. Specially people who actually pay to go and see it and maybe sum people who actually bet on it. If they actually promoted it better (after all it is in a way and artform) it would be better. Personally i think that any game that involves bashing the other persons head until they go dumb and get knocked out is stupid...

anyways...
Reply 18
SasunD
i like badminton and table tennis(kos you need quick reactions specially when you are playing against a really good opponent...in the meantime go to http://www.miniclip.com/tabletennis.htm (it's a virtual table tennis game and it is pretty kool) i also like swimming, not as a competative thing though...

oh yeah, and it think that wrestling is sheit. Specially people who actually pay to go and see it and maybe sum people who actually bet on it. If they actually promoted it better (after all it is in a way and artform) it would be better. Personally i think that any game that involves bashing the other persons head until they go dumb and get knocked out is stupid...

anyways...

I love playing against good people; it really challenges you. I like playing against adults, and also against different types of serves, so you can get used to them, and try and return different serves. The best things for me are the reactions thing, and the quick rallies where the ball moves fast and low, as in just over the net. They're fun to watch too.
Reply 19
would you say formula 1 is a sport? I like watching it.

Latest

Trending

Trending