The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Uni of York Accomodation

Hi there,
I was just wondering if the different colleges at york have different reputations and if so what are they known for? Eg are some "better" than others or known for certain things such as sports etc.?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi there,
I was just wondering if the different colleges at york have different reputations and if so what are they known for? Eg are some "better" than others or known for certain things such as sports etc.?

So the Campus East colleges, especially Constantine, are known for housing 'posher' students as they are generally much more expensive than West. David Kato and Anne Lister don't really have reputations yet as they are so new. Alcuin (West) and Goodricke (East) are generally the quieter/most boring colleges and Alcuin houses a lot of med students. James is known as the sportiest college and are top of a lot of the college sport leagues. Derwent is more known for partying. Obviously these are stereotypes and your experience is more dependent on the flatmates you'll have, but they're good to know as for example a lot of people join James specifically to play sports. If you tell me what you're looking for in a college I'm happy to point you in the right direction 🙂
University of York
York
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi there,

Hi! Our student population is always changing so I think that there's always a nice mix in each college. There are some colleges that are nearer our sports facilities or that have more bars over cafes, but generally all colleges have a mix of facilities! 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending