The Student Room Group

Duchess of Cambridge given brith

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DaveSmith99
I care, there is a general election on in 5 days and since the "news" that a woman in her 20's has given birth there has been no actual news on the television. All we've had is inane gossip about when said woman would leave the hospital, what said woman will name said sprog and how well staffed this over-privalged said sprog will be.

That's a false dichotomy. News outfits are fully capable of reporting on more than one issue, and have done.
Original post by Maid Marian
Why??? :/ It's just a title and they ARE your seniors.

**** that. I will give the Queen the finger before I bow down to her. :tongue: They are just humans that eat **** and die like everyone else.

You can grovel at her feet though if you want. I'm not stopping you.
Original post by Lady Comstock
That's a false dichotomy. News outfits are fully capable of reporting on more than one issue, and have done.

Turn on BBC news and see if your theory holds up. Spoilers, it doesn't. Nothing else has been reported since the birth.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
**** that. I will give the Queen the finger before I bow down to her. :tongue: They are just humans that eat **** and die like everyone else.

You can grovel at her feet though if you want. I'm not stopping you.

Have some respect for Her Majesty, that's just uncouth.

Just because someone happened by pure chance to fall out of a more privileged vagina doesn't make them better than you.

Can you read? He was saying he wouldn't call a teacher "sir". Nothing to do with privilege...
Turn on BBC news and see if your theory holds up. Spoilers, it doesn't. Nothing else has been reported since the birth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk

I already see one election story with "4 minutes ago".

Can you read? He was saying he wouldn't call a teacher "sir". Nothing to do with privilege...

I was referring more to the pathetic fawning over the royals.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk

I already see one election story with "4 minutes ago".

I was referring to televions. There has literally been no other story since. It's beyond pathetic.
Reply 47
Duchess of Cambridge given brith

Again?
I was referring to televions. There has literally been no other story since. It's beyond pathetic.

Big deal; they concentrate on this for the past couple of hours. That may be the lead story tonight, but they will still report on the election.

And, there is nothing stopping you reading the online reports on the election which are newly reported. You obviously have a computer as well as a TV!

Her Majesty can sod off. People died for my right to say that without being strung up. Better use it.

Don't worry MM, in terms of folklore and feudalism I am an outlaw like Robin Hood :yes: :tongue:

I didn't call teachers "sir" since it is a term that implies their betterment over me. So it is actually to do with privilege. Same reason why I didn't refer to my Professor at uni as Prof <insert name> or the other lecturers as Docter <insertname>. We were all on first name terms anyway. People have to earn my respect and vice versa, no one gets it automatically for some supposed social elevation.

I am very pedantic but it makes me feel better since I hate this stuff and I am doing something in my own small rather insignificant way to fight it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Her Majesty can sod off. People died for my right to say that without being strung up. Better use it.

Don't worry MM, in terms of folklore and feudalism I am an outlaw like Robin Hood :yes: :tongue:

They didn't die so that you could be gratuitously obscene, though.
They didn't die so that you could be gratuitously obscene, though.

I love annoying loyalists. :smile:

[video="youtube;yqrAPOZxgzU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqrAPOZxgzU[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
I love annoying loyalists. :smile:

Why would I be annoyed when the Monarchy enjoys extreme popularity and your posts diminish the republican cause as they are just plain rude and don't propose any realistic alternative? :nyan:
(edited 8 years ago)
oh great. Another scrounging parasite. Yep we need another one of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
kate? charlotte? elizabeth? boring names

name her bugatti
Its been reported that the baby is black.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yo radical one
It's so pathetic seeing people get excited about other people who not only don't care about them, but who don't even have any awareness of their existence.

The British Royal family, is nothing more than a strange offshoot of celebrity culture.

agreed

I just like the attention of making threads
News: Woman gives birth after 9 months of pregnancy. What will the name be?! When we will see them?!

In other news : Election in a few days, thousands dead in Nepal with who knows how many still to be rescued, Ebola's still about, and evidently no other migrants have tried to cross the med. But you know, a woman and her sprog is significantly more important.
But did anyone see the 'Royal baby is born' snapchat live story :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 59
I have little interest in what emerges from that royal minge..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending