The Student Room Group

English Literature A-level

Does anyone have any resources on Hamlet, Duchess of Malfi, Paradise Lost, Gatsby, Passing, American Literature context for A-Level English (OCR or any???)
Original post by 888ella
Does anyone have any resources on Hamlet, Duchess of Malfi, Paradise Lost, Gatsby, Passing, American Literature context for A-Level English (OCR or any???)

For the Duchess of Malfi, there's an In Our Time podcast about Jacobean tragedy on BBC Sounds that might help you with context. There is probably one for Hamlet too (I should know, I study it!), but bits of the Jacobean podcast do address Hamlet. There's also a BBC documentary called The Mysterious Mr Webster not sure if it's still on iPlayer as I accessed it through a link that my teacher put on ClickView.
Original post by 888ella

I have a context booklet for passing that may be helpful
Reply 3
Original post by hliteraturebabe
For the Duchess of Malfi, there's an In Our Time podcast about Jacobean tragedy on BBC Sounds that might help you with context. There is probably one for Hamlet too (I should know, I study it!), but bits of the Jacobean podcast do address Hamlet. There's also a BBC documentary called The Mysterious Mr Webster not sure if it's still on iPlayer as I accessed it through a link that my teacher put on ClickView.

Thank you very much I’ll check them out!!!
Reply 4
Original post by TwilightBlu
I have a context booklet for passing that may be helpful

That’s amazing! Would you be able to send it to me??
hi sorry since my accounts new it won't let me send any messages directly. Do you have an email or something I could use?
Reply 6
hi sorry since my accounts new it won't let me send any messages directly. Do you have an email or something I could use?

hey this was a while ago ahah but are you still willing to share your context booklet??
Original post by 888ella
hey this was a while ago ahah but are you still willing to share your context booklet??

hi i think i sent you an email with all my resources earlier if you didn't receive it lmk i'll resend it
Reply 8
hi i think i sent you an email with all my resources earlier if you didn't receive it lmk i'll resend it
oh, no i don't think i received it. should i DM you my email?
Original post by 888ella
oh, no i don't think i received it. should i DM you my email?

sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending