The Student Room Group

OCR A Level English Literature 2022

Hi ! I'm doing OCR English Lit A Level and studying:

Component 1, Section 1 -- Shakespeare: Hamlet
Component 1, Section 2 -- Drama and poetry pre 1900: Paradise Lost (Books 9 & 10) and Duchess of Malfi

Component 2 (Comparative and contextual study) -- American Literature 1880-1940: Grapes of Wrath and Great Gatsby

Component 3 NEA -- Poetry coursework: Seamus Heaney's 'Punishment'

Component 3 NEA -- Comparative coursework: Remains of the Day and August: Osage County

Would love some help with it and a study buddy so let me know who's doing the same/some of the books too ! x
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm also doing Duchess and Paradise Lost, exam is in 3 days and I'm gonna kms
Reply 2
I'm about to start paradise lost, is it helpful to have read the entire thing or do I only need to read Books 9 and 10
Original post by filmenglishbiz

Component 1, Section 2 -- Drama and poetry pre 1900: Paradise Lost (Books 9 & 10) and Duchess of Malfi

Component 2 (Comparative and contextual study) -- American Literature 1880-1940: Grapes of Wrath and Great Gatsby

Component 3 NEA -- Comparative coursework: Remains of the Day and August: Osage County

Would love some help with it and a study buddy so let me know who's doing the same/some of the books too ! x
Original post by ella7272
I'm about to start paradise lost, is it helpful to have read the entire thing or do I only need to read Books 9 and 10

Hey I already finished my exams but honestly not necessary to read all of it but defos look at a summary of the whole book on litcharts or somewhere to get the big picture of it but that’s just what i did and helps to grasp the whole concept of the book, plus how characters are portrayed earlier and might give reasons for their motivations/general personality and how it lines up with books 9 + 10

but i definitely didnt read it all and still got a good mark so just depends if you want to or not haha x
Reply 4
Original post by filmenglishbiz

You got any tips for hamlet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending