The Student Room Group
I feel quite sad leaving this one :frown:
Original post by enaayrah
What's the one thing you really really want right now? :wink:

Quite a few things actually :wink:

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

I have schrodinger equation in front of me.Let's go!

Where?
Can't believe I missed the big 10k :frown:. And now we're moving to a new thread aswell?! Too sad...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Protoxylic
Quite a few things actually :wink:

Where?

Meh, keep the offer and sell it on ebay :lol:
Original post by Anti-Dirac
Cambridge don't care about GCSEs (much :tongue:) If you have good enough AS UMS and "shine" at interview then you'll be fine.
It just so happens that those with lower GCSEs often also have low UMS etc. Theoretically though, you can receive an offer with any set of GCSE grades as long as you have achieved:

Grade C or above in GCSE (or equivalent) Double Award Science and Mathematics (Two single awards in GCSE Biology and Physics may be substituted for Double Award Science)

They say that but competition is fierce and even though GCSEs is generally not that important as a factor for Cambridge, for medicine it can be. I think there was a spreadsheet online, and most people who got offers had 8-11 A*s for medicine. But having said that, BMAT, UMS and interview are way more important and can easily make up for 'poor' GCSE grades.
Damn i missed it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by antisansculotte
ASNaC looks amazing - if I wasn't an early modern lover I would seriously consider it. What's your favourite historical period?

Corpus is very very pretty, just as an aside! I was very taken by its court when I visited Cambridge.

Ah well as you may have guessed I do have a fondness for the Vikings and that sort of very early history period. I also love medieval history as well, from the Plantagenets to the Tudors. I wonder if the history course covers that or whether it is more modern... Maybe you can help me out there?

I've only seen little bits of Cambridge so far at the subject masterclasses earlier this year, but I'm looking forward to seeing more at the Sutton Trust summer school I'm going to.
Original post by Protoxylic
Boom

Bugger, I missed it watching Dan Snow's Armada!
Original post by Gerald DGrilla
Bugger, I missed it watching Dan Snow's Armada!

Come join us in our new thread :wink:

I can't post a link for some reason but you'll find it :tongue:
Come join us in our new thread :wink:

I can't post a link for some reason but you'll find it :tongue:

Sleep.
Exam.
Succeed. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lyricalvibe
Sleep.
Exam.
Succeed. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going, I'm going! :tongue:
Original post by Spodbod
I wonder if the history course covers that or whether it is more modern... Maybe you can help me out there?

Hey - current history student here :wavey:. You can do loads of medieval history within the Cambridge course - in fact, you can purely focus on medieval history over the course of your degree if that's what you're interested in. You have to pick 5 papers from this list, including one each from Sections B and C in your first year. For third year papers there's also lots of choice (see here). As you can see, there are plenty of early options in both.

I wouldn't purely choose ASNaC on the grounds of history- there's lots of medieval/early modern in the standard course, but if you are interested in the literature/language aspects I would definitely apply for that over history :smile:.
(edited 8 years ago)
Not applying here but did anybody submit a piece for the Peterhouse Essay Competition? I'm probably being impatient but we were meant to hear back by the end of May right?
Now that the storm has passed...
Did anyone enter the Peterhouse Essay Competition? They said they'll let us know by early June and it's making me slightly nervous (not that what I wrote was actually worthy of any credit :lol:)

Ah yes I applied too! What subject was your essay if you don't mind me asking? I did History
I was too nervous so I sent them an email today.. :smile:
How can you get an unconditional offer?
Original post by natalia.medicine

Post a-level
Original post by antigone-
Ah yes I applied too! What subject was your essay if you don't mind me asking? I did History
I was too nervous so I sent them an email today.. :smile:

I did mine in the sciences :smile:
I'm just giving them a few days though before I annoy them :lol:

But given my recent exams I'm not even sure if it will even mean anything :rofl:
Original post by natalia.medicine

Post A Level applicants can but really, we were just messing around XD
I did mine in the sciences :smile:
I'm just giving them a few days though before I annoy them :lol:

But given my recent exams I'm not even sure if it will even mean anything :rofl:

I am horribly impatient :tongue: I got a response saying we should hear back by the end of the week
I was proud of the essay but I doubt it amounted to anything :colondollar:
Best of luck to you however! :biggrin:
Original post by antigone-
I am horribly impatient :tongue: I got a response saying we should hear back by the end of the week
I was proud of the essay but I doubt it amounted to anything :colondollar:
Best of luck to you however! :biggrin:

You too! :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending