The Student Room Group

AQA DT: Product design (3D) - PROD 3 A2 exam, June 8th -- Revision thread --

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Colin's Corner
Any ladies worth my time on here........

Because you know what they say about Colin

If you were actually going to help then I'd take one for the team lol
Original post by hwelch01
You're a troll mate, please stop commenting on this thread, we have an exam on monday

Not keen on Colin hey?

Plenty of fish in the sea for me
Original post by lx477
If you were actually going to help then I'd take one for the team lol

My kind of woman
just out of curiosity what did you guys do for the Prod4 coursework ? we looked at the lighting industry and had to make our own architectural light
Reply 64
Original post by Hatsune Miku
just out of curiosity what did you guys do for the Prod4 coursework ? we looked at the lighting industry and had to make our own architectural light

I designed & built a model sports centre for the village I live in! What's annoying is that I was only 4 marks off an A :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

For PROD4 coursework, we also looked at lighting solutions and smart materials and had to make a designer lamp/lighting solution for a design hotel in West London (mind you, the hotel didn't even know we were making a lamp for them..... :s-smilie:). Didn't do to badly as I got a B overall, but don't now what I got for the lamp nor the coursework individually! Wonder if everyone manufactured lamps for this years PROD4?

I made a computer Table ^^

I got
A in the first exam
C in the Coursework (AS) :frown:
B in the coursework this year (2 marks of an A)

I need to get high A in the exam to get A overall :frown:

What aboout u guys
Original post by Freddy-Francis

I got
A in the first exam

What aboout u guys

I got
A (82 UMS) in AS coursework
B (76 UMS) in AS exam

82+76 = 158 UMS

A overall = 320 UMS

so I need 162 UMS from this years coursework and exam to get an A overall.
Original post by ahassan123
I got
A (82 UMS) in AS coursework
B (76 UMS) in AS exam

82+76 = 158 UMS

A overall = 320 UMS

so I need 162 UMS from this years coursework and exam to get an A overall.

I think i got 158 UMS last year aswell. all i remember is i was 2 off an A in AS with the C in coursework.

:s-smilie: After looking at the A2 past papers i am like wtf :frown:
Original post by Freddy-Francis

I got
A in the first exam

What aboout u guys

that's great, congrats on your results. For Prod1 exam I got an A and a B for the coursework, this years coursework I got A* which I'm thrilled about to be honest :biggrin: so a high B in the exam will give me an A overall
Reply 70
Am I the only one who has done very little revision and is cramming before Monday?!.. I retook unit 1 so was heavily focussed on that...
Hopefully, Ive got ABA so far ( in order) so I dunno what j need for an A overall, any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
I found a useful link. I know it's for GSCE but it provides the basis for the exam, and good for some last minute revision! :smile:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/design/resistantmaterials/designsocialrev1.shtml

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Is it just me or do you think that the Nelson Thornes AS/A2 textbook is so wordy and unnecessary?
Original post by Josh_MG
I found a useful link. I know it's for GSCE but it provides the basis for the exam, and good for some last minute revision! :smile:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/design/resistantmaterials/designsocialrev1.shtml

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks
Reply 74
Original post by lx477
Is it just me or do you think that the Nelson Thornes AS/A2 textbook is so wordy and unnecessary?

Agreed, it's goes of on so many tangents, at one point, it started going into detail about the principles of fight?! That made me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
My case studies so far,

Wedgewood, Wasily Chair, Carlton Furnisher, Dyson Patent, Sinclair C5

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by xela238
My case studies so far,

Wedgewood, Wasily Chair, Carlton Furnisher, Dyson Patent, Sinclair C5

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sony Walkman is a good one for a technology push success :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by lx477
Sony Walkman is a good one for a technology push success :smile:

Oh ok thanks :smile: and I'm gonna do JCB as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by xela238
Oh ok thanks :smile: and I'm gonna do JCB as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too. I have almost all of yours but I don't have the Wasily Chair or Carlton Furnisher, should I?
Reply 79
Original post by lx477
Me too. I have almost all of yours but I don't have the Wasily Chair or Carlton Furnisher, should I?

They're just examples of last designers, Wasily Chair by Marcel Breuer is a Bauhaus Design and the Carlton by the Memphis Group is an example of Post Modernism Design

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending