The Student Room Group

Slut shaming

Scroll to see replies

I think it is much easier for women to get laid, compared to men, but I don't see why that makes it 'bad' for women to have sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stargirl63
We shouldn't shame males or females with what they choose to do with their body.

Original post by barnetlad
I am not in favour of using the word slut at all.

Original post by liquidconfidence
I don't think anyone should be shamed for it...:erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Moosferatu
Down with slut shaming for either gender.

More sex for everyone!

Original post by Катя
No, we shouldn't shame anyone, unless they're a serial cheater.

On a side note, can I point out how stupid the phrase "slut shaming" is... we don't call homophobia "faggot shaming", do we?

Original post by NaTaLiiA513
Slut shaming whether it the said person is male/female is wrong.

It's none of your business what they get up to.

Although if you're a home-wrecker...that's a different story.

Well to be fair, someone's opinion of any particular action is something that they choose to do with their body too. No one should really be using their opinion as a benchmark to attach positive or negative connotations to their own actions. So, really, if it's your body and not theirs then you probably shouldn't care what they say about the way you choose to use said body.

Playing devil's advocate is fun
Original post by Johann von Gauss
Should we shame male 'sluts'?

Discuss.

The majority of women who are called sluts are given the pejorative by other women who are in competition with these sexually active and "popular" women get around.

When women look at men who sleep with lots of women, they see a popular guy who is clearly desired by other women, so they like that.

What you're actually asking is "should we treat eachother equally?" and the answer is: no, equality is a myth.
Reply 43
Original post by cole-slaw
This is, sadly, true. Jealous women often seek to shame or dismiss their more successful sexual competitors.

Non-sense. Women are by enlarge the key-holders to sex. A woman has to do very very little in order to get sex(plain,no-strings-attached sex that is),therefore women most certainly do not compete among themselves on the basis of who "****s more". On the other hand, promiscuous women do generally get a very low rating among men and therefore there is no incentive for women to place value on promiscuity. There is only one kind of male,that i can think of, that actively prefers promiscuous women:the cuckold(essentially the male equivalent of the ugly fat girl-the dominated weakling). Promiscuity is really in no way indicative of the of the female herself being of high-value...If anything,it's quite the opposite for the world at large(this attitude is in fact a human universal ,as it can be observed in pretty much every culture since time immemorial....and there's a reason for it).
I can assure you that was not what I was asking

"because we shame female sluts, should we shame male sluts too?"

Yes. Yes it was. Also, men don't have paternal certainty, whilst women all know the baby is their's without the need for tests. Men aren't going to waste their resources raising another man's baby. That would make him a cuckold.

Discuss.

Women do shame men to some degree however men not being as sensitive take it as a complement.
What a load of abject nonsense.

If you're a half-way decent looking man, getting laid is about as hard as falling off a rock.

Even if so it's still easier for the fat girl than the fat man.
Impossible to slut shame a male. A males job is to be a slut, any shaming only shows a satisfactory performance review
Original post by Rakas21

Actually, I would say the opposite is true in reality.
Original post by P357
Non-sense. Women are by enlarge the key-holders to sex. A woman has to do very very little in order to get sex(plain,no-strings-attached sex that is),therefore women most certainly do not compete among themselves on the basis of who "****s more". On the other hand, promiscuous women do generally get a very low rating among men and therefore there is no incentive for women to place value on promiscuity. There is only one kind of male,that i can think of, that actively prefers promiscuous women:the cuckold(essentially the male equivalent of the ugly fat girl-the dominated weakling). Promiscuity is really in no way indicative of the of the female herself being of high-value...If anything,it's quite the opposite for the world at large(this attitude is in fact a human universal ,as it can be observed in pretty much every culture since time immemorial....and there's a reason for it).

What a load of naive, ignorant, misinformed, sexist rubbish. Are you a frustrated 13 year old who has just stumbled upon PUAhate website for the first time?
Original post by Rakas21

I'd say it was the other way round.
Actually, I would say the opposite is true in reality.

Fat women get hounded still (online anyway) while in the last decade i've gone from thin to fat and essentially from steady rainfall to drought.
Men most defiantly get slut shamed, usually by women weirdly enough, or other men who have seen the object of their affection seduced by such individuals.

But yeah, by and large, I find most slut shaming to be done against both men and women by females. The only guys I ever see complain are the jealous type who wish they could either bang the 'slut' or are jealous of the 'man slags' success, usually in specific relation to their own relationship goals.

I don't think any of that is actually true in real life. Men get hit on just as much as women. Its as much the woman's role as it is the man's to be proactive.

This is 2015, not 1955. Times have changed.

I completely disagree, I very rarely get hit on, though in all honesty most of my relationships or one night stands have been the result of being hit on. If I go on a night out most likely 1 in 10 I will get hit on by a single girl.

By comparison with girls, the vast majority will get hit on by at least one guy each time they go out. I've even known quite hideous girls who, just by hitting on guys, have never failed to pull if they wanted to. By comparison how many men do you know that actually plan on pulling a stranger manage to do so consistently?

Discuss.

Should either sex be shamed? No.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Original post by DanB1991
Men most defiantly get slut shamed, usually by women weirdly enough, or other men who have seen the object of their affection seduced by such individuals.

But yeah, by and large, I find most slut shaming to be done against both men and women by females. The only guys I ever see complain are the jealous type who wish they could either bang the 'slut' or are jealous of the 'man slags' success, usually in specific relation to their own relationship goals.

I completely disagree, I very rarely get hit on, though in all honesty most of my relationships or one night stands have been the result of being hit on. If I go on a night out most likely 1 in 10 I will get hit on by a single girl.

By comparison with girls, the vast majority will get hit on by at least one guy each time they go out. I've even known quite hideous girls who, just by hitting on guys, have never failed to pull if they wanted to. By comparison how many men do you know that actually plan on pulling a stranger manage to do so consistently?

Well, most of them. Pretty much any that don't have genuine social issues. Its not exactly difficult, is it? Just talk to people.
how is it shame if they're proud of it

why do u need to criticize them when only god can judge them

Well, most of them. Pretty much any that don't have genuine social issues. Its not exactly difficult, is it? Just talk to people.

You must be gods gift to women then. I've even known 'players' who've slept with a number of women in the 50's plus. Even they admit the vast majority of the time they go out they don't pull. They just go out a lot and hit on a lot of women. A close friend of mine who's actually on around 25 even stated he never gets hit on, just he's persistent and plays the numbers game.

One lad who we thought was a complete player actually turned out to be the complete opposite, seeing we realised every girl he's had one night stands with, actually in reality usually were girls he'd chased after for about 4-6 months and were not one night stands at all..

By comparison I've known girls who've stopped going out due to being sick and tired of being hit on constantly (hardly stunners). One girl who was more an acquaintance, actually only went out for one night stands, and only failed twice as far as I'm aware.

Actually having a group discussion about the issue in our friendship group highlighted the massive difference between the genders, with girls even admitting how easy it is for them to pull if they wish to do so.
(edited 8 years ago)
You must be gods gift to women then. I've even known 'players' who've slept with a number of women in the 50's plus. Even they admit the vast majority of the time they go out they don't pull. They just go out a lot and hit on a lot of women. A close friend of mine who's actually on around 25 even stated he never gets hit on, just he's persistent and plays the numbers game.

One lad who we thought was a complete player actually turned out to be the complete opposite, seeing we realised every girl he's had one night stands with, actually in reality usually were girls he'd chased after for about 4-6 months and were not one night stands at all..

By comparison I've known girls who've stopped going out due to being sick and tired of being hit on constantly (hardly stunners). One girl who was more an acquaintance, actually only went out for one night stands, and only failed twice as far as I'm aware.

Actually having a group discussion about the issue in our friendship group highlighted the massive difference between the genders, with girls even admitting how easy it is for them to pull if they wish to do so.

Of course players don't pull very often: no-one wants to sleep with a player.

There is an important lesson here for any young men reading:
This:

"They just go out a lot and hit on a lot of women."

leads directly and inevitably to this:

"the vast majority of the time they go out they don't pull".

Case closed, Watson.

This:

Case closed, Watson.

So now you're agreeing men can't pull whenever they want? :laugh:

Even if that was true, for one night stands most women wouldn't even know if that bloke was a player or not.

This:

Case closed, Watson.

So now you're agreeing men can't pull whenever they want? :laugh:

Even if that was true, for one night stands most women wouldn't even know if that bloke was a player or not.

>implying women who want a one-night stand care about player attitude. In fact, they like the sexually aggressive players for those kinds of occasions.

Now, long term relationships are different: women will look at a man's wealth and status rather than how many partners they have had or how good they are in the sack.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending