The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LewisJacquesWait
This may sound daft but do you get cutlery and stuff?

Also are there lamps in our rooms?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
This may sound daft but do you get cutlery and stuff?

I bought most of it from Wilko. They're great for uni stuff. Or there's always Tesco - both on the nearby shopping centre at Canon Park

Original post by dkusi2
Also are there lamps in our rooms?

No, I bought my own. I'm pretty sure most accommodations are the same.

Original post by CantonHero
Do we have to buy all these textbooks? Just been e-mailed a list

No way. Most will be available on loan from the library as and when you need them, second year students will sell them for cheap, the SU run a second-hand book sale in the first couple of weeks of term etc. Check course Facebook pages too for people selling them. Finally, buy them used or so on eBay and amazon.

They're the biggest waste of money at uni if you buy them new and that's if you buy them at all. It'll depend on your course as to how important they are, but I could honestly have not bought a single book for mine and would've been fine.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jrs971
I bought most of it from Wilko. They're great for uni stuff. Or there's always Tesco - both on the nearby shopping centre at Canon Park

No, I bought my own. I'm pretty sure most accommodations are the same.

No way. Most will be available on loan from the library as and when you need them, second year students will sell them for cheap, the SU run a second-hand book sale in the first couple of weeks of term etc. Check course Facebook pages too for people selling them. Finally, buy them used or so on eBay and amazon.

They're the biggest waste of money at uni if you buy them new and that's if you buy them at all. It'll depend on your course as to how important they are, but I could honestly have not bought a single book for mine and would've been fine.

Awesome, cheers for the advice. I would never have even thought to buy cutlery...
Original post by Sophia-1996
Does anyone have any idea about when we enrol online? I've heard we have to get an email telling us to enrol before we do so, but I'm just wondering when that would be? (Info: undergrad - if that makes any kind of difference)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey there I got an email last week and it said something about enrolling.

There was a link in the email. I clicked on the enrol part but they already expect you to have an account, which I do not have.

Do you, or anyone else, have Warwick student account?
For any English Literature students, there's now a Warwick University English Freshers 2015 group on Facebook :smile: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1196952333663568/
Original post by playd
Looks like I'm a chemistry student in Warwick now :biggrin: as for acomodation the Email said we'll get info week comencing semptember 7th

Nice to meet a fellow chemist. Haven't heard of a single chemist yet starting this October, on this forum. Was starting to think I was alone. You doing BSc or MChem?
Original post by Disney0702
Hey there I got an email last week and it said something about enrolling.

There was a link in the email. I clicked on the enrol part but they already expect you to have an account, which I do not have.

Do you, or anyone else, have Warwick student account?

Hey! The link I received was directing me to the "Welcome to Warwick" page where we will enrol, but I haven't received an email telling me to do so.
I have been given a Warwick Student ID (received it in the 'Congratulations!' email on 17th) which you use to enrol. I clicked on 'Enrol' and it told me that we log in by using our Warwick Student ID and our date of birth as the password. The deadline of the photo submission stage is September 4th (and on the FAQs it says I can't enrol before they email me to do it) so I'm getting quite restless to be honest.

Has anyone else either enrolled or received the enrolment email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey has anyone submitted their photo yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey has anyone submitted their photo yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have submitted my photo. All you need is Warwick ID and dob. You don't enrol till you receive the email.
Original post by LordAbi
I have submitted my photo. All you need is Warwick ID and dob. You don't enrol till you receive the email.

Oh okay! Thanks for letting me know! I shall do mine tomorrow. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! The link I received was directing me to the "Welcome to Warwick" page where we will enrol, but I haven't received an email telling me to do so.
I have been given a Warwick Student ID (received it in the 'Congratulations!' email on 17th) which you use to enrol. I clicked on 'Enrol' and it told me that we log in by using our Warwick Student ID and our date of birth as the password. The deadline of the photo submission stage is September 4th (and on the FAQs it says I can't enrol before they email me to do it) so I'm getting quite restless to be honest.

Has anyone else either enrolled or received the enrolment email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yh I figured out that we weren't suppose to enrol until after they send us another email. Gosh it is actually quite confusing when they send you emails about things they're going to do because I assume that it is something that I should be doing asap, if you know what I mean.

Have you heard from Warwick about accommodation, I'm still waiting.
Original post by Disney0702
Ah yh I figured out that we weren't suppose to enrol until after they send us another email. Gosh it is actually quite confusing when they send you emails about things they're going to do because I assume that it is something that I should be doing asap, if you know what I mean.

Have you heard from Warwick about accommodation, I'm still waiting.

Yeah I think all we have to do right away (or have already done preferably) is the photo submission. We will get an enrolment maybe in a week or something.. That is the next step but not yet.
No we will hear from the 7th about accommodation :smile:
(We were all confused for some time. All my friends going to other universities didn't have this kind of confusion :P)

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do I submit a photo without an account? Or how do I make an account? It's a bit confusing, whenever I put in my ID and DOB, it says it hasn't been recognised so I don't know how to submit a photo!
You go onto warwick enrol, click on photo submission and then log in using the Warwick ID given to you on your confirmation email they sent around results day
It'll sound stupid but are you typing it in right? I sat there for ages with the same problem before i realized i'd typed my DOB wrong...
Anybody received their Welcome packs yet through the post?
Havent even received an email from Warwick telling me to enroll, and now there is a deadline coming up :/

edit:
ok nvm

About 3 weeks before your course starts you will receive an email letting you know you can enrol. Please do not try to enrol before we ask you to.
(edited 8 years ago)
Any other Historians? Message me :tongue:
Anybody received their Welcome packs yet through the post?

Yeah, I got mine about a week ago. The important bit, which is a booklet that goes over everything that's expected of you when you arrive, is available as a pdf somewhere on the website (sorry I can't be of more help, I can never find anything on the website). They also have a letter in there inviting your parents to a talk on the day you arrive which I think they have to sign up for. It might be a good idea to scour the website for a bit if you're worried

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody know when we find out which accomodation we got?
Original post by CantonHero
Anybody know when we find out which accomodation we got?

From 7th September. That's what the email (that I received a while go) stated. I don't know if it will be a letter or email (probably a letter)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest