The Student Room Group

* MEGATHREAD * - UKCAT 2016 Entry Discussion Megathread

Scroll to see replies

are the practice tests, on the ukcat website, harder than the actual thing?
Original post by Hercules20
what do u think is classed as a very good UKCAT score???

720+

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Natha_Lite
A quick search on Manchester's admissions page showed this. 650 is just at the average so it may be risky. It'll probably be best to wait for the stats for this year before applying.

Thank you! I suppose I will have to put the Manchester option on hold for now. I don't know how helpful the year's average will be for my decision.
I am also considering Cardiff, Liverpool and Sheffield. Any opinions/suggestions? thanks again
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1443558188.007199.jpg

Is the quantities reasoning practice question wrong?
Like, the question seems to have made a mistake.

Than you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10184
Original post by sk88
really? thats quite hard though :frown:?

as in data given? or difficulty ?
Reply 10185
Original post by FADH2
Yeah,You Ace it, good luck.
Be positive and don't get stressed if the first few questions are hard,believe in yourself.:bumps::bumps::bumps::bumps::bumps::banana::banana2:

thankkkk you!! pray for mee :smile::angelblush:
Reply 10186
Original post by muz360
I found official mocka to be similar to QR in real exam

are you referring to the amount of data they gave, tables graphs etc?
Reply 10187
Original post by MrBhogal
are the practice tests, on the ukcat website, harder than the actual thing?

I really want to know this as well
Original post by Nuna
I really want to know this as well

Mixture

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylan_20
Guys il be leaving this form after tomorrow but il be sure to update you all first:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright and good luck!!
Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
Alright and good luck!!

Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thei11usionist
Thank you! I suppose I will have to put the Manchester option on hold for now. I don't know how helpful the year's average will be for my decision.
I am also considering Cardiff, Liverpool and Sheffield. Any opinions/suggestions? thanks again

I don't know about Cardiff or Liverpool but you should be fine with Sheffield. Maybe look into UEA, Bristol or Birmingham (if you have the required grades) since they don't use UKCAT as much or at all.
Did mine on the 25th
After 2 days of using a borrowed medify account, my scores were as follows:

VR: 620 (disappointed, but never really expected much better. I have a tendency of reading without digesting the info XD)
QR: 810
AR: 870
DA: 740
SJT: Band 2

Total 3040
Average 760

I highly recommend using medify.
Very, very helpful, although it can be a pain to navigate at times.

I also used the Dummies book. Was good, but is a tad different to the real thing.
But it's good practice nonetheless.
I used the tests on the UKCAT website 24 hours before my test.

Avoid 'practising' right before your test; you're unlikely to reap much benefit, as it tests for more 'long-term' ability. But it's possible that you may worry yourself unnecessarily by doing more questions so close to your test.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10193
Original post by InV15iblefrog
Did mine on the 25th

VR: 620 (disappointed, but never really expected much better. I have a tendency of reading without digesting the info XD)

Total 3040
Average 760

Congratulations froggy lol :P , would you say medify was representative of your UKCAT?
Original post by InV15iblefrog
Did mine on the 25th

Total 3040
Average 760

I also used the Dummies book. Was good, but is a tad different to the real thing.
But it's good practice nonetheless.
I used the tests on the UKCAT website 24 hours before my test.

Avoid 'practising' right before your test; you're unlikely to reap much benefit, as it tests for more 'long-term' ability. But it's possible that you may worry yourself unnecessarily by doing more questions so close to your test.

well done!! do u think ur QR was similar to the official mocks?
Original post by Natha_Lite
I don't know about Cardiff or Liverpool but you should be fine with Sheffield. Maybe look into UEA, Bristol or Birmingham (if you have the required grades) since they don't use UKCAT as much or at all.

I am considering UEA actually! I really want to apply to Manchester, is risky though. I don't have as many A*s at gcse for Cardiff but their entry requirements page says, that most usually have 4-5 or more and/or AAA or abover at A2. Fortunately I have the latter, Liverpool take UKCAT for the first time, I applied there last year but got rejected. I improved my application based on their feedback of not displaying enough care towards the community. Bristol is way to oversubscribed, 5500+ applicants last year. How about yourself? How was your UKCAT and where are you considering of applying?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey guys, has anyone had any problems using medify's calculator?? I find that it sometimes won't completely clear my input even if I repeatedly press the ON/C button. Any help?
Original post by thei11usionist
I am considering UEA actually! I really want to apply to Manchester, is risky though. I don't have as many A*s at gcse for Cardiff but their entry requirements page says, that most usually have 4-5 or more and/or AAA or abover at A2. Fortunately I have the latter, Liverpool take UKCAT for the first time, I applied there last year but got rejected. I improved my application based on their feedback of not displaying enough care towards the community. Bristol is way to oversubscribed, 5500+ applicants last year. How about yourself? How was your UKCAT and where are you considering of applying?

IIRC Manchester's cutoff are usually from the 58th - 69th percentile so it would be worth it to see if the trend swings during this cycle.

I got 740 average but I applying as a grad so the UKCAT requirements are higher. I'm thinking of applying to Kings, St George's and Warwick for the 4 year course and Manchester for the 5 year course.
Has anybody rescheduled their exam to a later date? Im thinking of getting mine shifted from 3rd october to 5th, but i dont want there to be any problems etc on the day!
Thanks
Original post by xtremespec
Hey guys, has anyone had any problems using medify's calculator?? I find that it sometimes won't completely clear my input even if I repeatedly press the ON/C button. Any help?

Try backspace it clears everything at once.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending