The Student Room Group

* MEGATHREAD * - UKCAT 2016 Entry Discussion Megathread

Someone remind me of the shortcuts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by muz360
How does everyone think this years scores will compare to last years?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very similar to last year so far, but there is still a week of tests to go!
Did my UKCAT today! If you have any questions feel free to ask :biggrin:
Original post by khaopoad
Did my UKCAT today! If you have any questions feel free to ask :biggrin:

How did it compare to mocks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylan_20
How did it compare to mocks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't remember the difficulty level of mock A and B because I took it ages ago, but mock C is still fresh so i'll compare the real one to it. For verbal reasoning and abstract reasoning, the difficuly level was similar, although I find myself having more time to spare in the real one (but the score was the same for VR but worse for AR). Quantitative reasoning was easier compared to the mock. Decision analysis was actually hard...and if i remember correctly, it was harder than the ones I did in 600 questions and the mocks. Overall it's not that bad. The score I got was the average of my worst and best scores from practice tests.
Original post by yung7up
Its pretty late to test different strategies but i would advise reading the question very carefully and understanding what is is being asked before attempting to decipher the data. Pick out what the question is asking for and look for that specifically in the data. Good Luck for tomorrow

Thank you very much for your advice :smile:
Original post by khaopoad
I don't remember the difficulty level of mock A and B because I took it ages ago, but mock C is still fresh so i'll compare the real one to it. For verbal reasoning and abstract reasoning, the difficuly level was similar, although I find myself having more time to spare in the real one (but the score was the same for VR but worse for AR). Quantitative reasoning was easier compared to the mock. Decision analysis was actually hard...and if i remember correctly, it was harder than the ones I did in 600 questions and the mocks. Overall it's not that bad. The score I got was the average of my worst and best scores from practice tests.

How many bar charts/graphs did you get for QR? Was there a lot of data given like on medify?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10227
Eeeek an hour till i do the real thing!
Original post by r p

Good luck :smile:
Original post by r p

All the best.
Mine is on Monday. Does anyone have a spare medify sub? I genuinely can't afford it and would appreciate some help. Can send some PP if needs be?
Original post by Danny786
Mine is on Monday. Does anyone have a spare medify sub? I genuinely can't afford it and would appreciate some help. Can send some PP if needs be?

I will after today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JulietR
I will after today

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! Is your UKCAT today?
Thank you so much! Is your UKCAT today?

Yes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone want a Kaplan account?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! I hope you get the score you are looking for!
How did you prepare? Did you use official UKCAT tests? I did the practice ones on there and I found the DA relatively easy, do you think thats an accurate representation fo the actual test or do you think medify is more?
Guys quick question.

For DA ,code seperated by commas indicate the words are not related to each other while brackets create a new word.

What do you do if code within brackets are seperated by commas?
Good luck! I hope you get the score you are looking for!
How did you prepare? Did you use official UKCAT tests? I did the practice ones on there and I found the DA relatively easy, do you think thats an accurate representation fo the actual test or do you think medify is more?

Thank you, I have done all the medify mocks and official mocks and I think that the DA will be similar to the official mocks (I also took the test last year)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BencherBoy
Guys quick question.

For DA ,code seperated by commas indicate the words are not related to each other while brackets create a new word.

What do you do if code within brackets are seperated by commas?

If they are separated by a comma and in a bracket they can be combined or they can link together one after another in a sentence being two separate words also. Most often its just combining the two.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending