The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

guys need some serious advice....
I got 2750 so 9th decile with 510 in VR ;/....rest sections are pretty good and got band 1.....
Ive got 3 choices set the last one im looking at either Aberdeen or Glasgow or Dundee....what you guys think....
Im a graduate so have 2.1 in biomed and ABBb in A levels and 2A* 5As 1B 1C.....please helppppppppppp!!....thank you to anyone who replies in advance :tongue:
Original post by Fibsy
Do they look more at your decile or your actual ukcat score?
Because I got 2830 (707.5) which is just 10 away from being in the 9th decile, but being in 8th means I'm put with those who only got 685 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Obviouskytheydont lookat deciles published by pearsonVUE itis just indication of overall performance of all applicants this year.So you know how you did this year .universities dont lookat overall performance of all appicants they look at the applicants who applied to their medical school and compare them to each other and they establish their own cut of or deciles for appicants.
Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
Leicester could be an option but haven't made up my mind yet. I'll think about it this weekend... otherwise I am alright with trying all over again and even sitting the GAMSAT as well in case UKCAT goes bad again.

Anyways, I just have to learn from this experience and be less nervous next time!

If it helps last years cut off for leic was 59.5 points
Sheffield or UEA?
Original post by HanaGEM
If it helps last years cut off for leic was 59.5 points

That's true... I'll definitely think about it. I made my calculations and I come a little short but who knows, maybe this year the overall scoring is down.
That's true... I'll definitely think about it. I made my calculations and I come a little short but who knows, maybe this year the overall scoring is down.

They interviewed strong applicants (based on ps and ref) at 58.5 so thats something to consider

Plus the cutoff for grads (54.5) was lower than that for school-leaver applicants.
Original post by HanaGEM
They interviewed strong applicants (based on ps and ref) at 58.5 so thats something to consider

I'll definitely think over it. Plus my family would not really have a problem with paying the fees + living for me.

By the way does the reference have to be send off by the 15th as well?
I'll definitely think over it. Plus my family would not really have a problem with paying the fees + living for me.

By the way does the reference have to be send off by the 15th as well?

Yes, I only found this out yesterday and had a right panic :s thankfully my personal tutor from uni emailed me back today and is able to write it before then, otherwise I'd be screwed :s
Original post by ah639
Plus the cutoff for grads (54.5) was lower than that for school-leaver applicants.

Where did you find this information (not that I don't believe you, I'm just interested)
Hey, it says that I can ask to see my reference under some act when exactly can this be done? Before sending my application off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tanishqa
Hey, it says that I can ask to see my reference under some act when exactly can this be done? Before sending my application off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'd have to be before sending it, just ask your teacher or whoever if they can let you see it before they send it off
Original post by not you
It'd have to be before sending it, just ask your teacher or whoever if they can let you see it before they send it off

Oh, okay. We can't comment on it right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can comment on your reference, whether your school will change it or not is a whole different matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty much depends on your referee, the act says nothing about having to add what you suggest
Original post by MrStealYourOffer
They updated to 2016 but it seems like it pretty much says the same thing:

"For entry in September 2016 the Medical School will interview approximately 600 applicants. An interview or entry is not guaranteed. Applicants should note that they will be considered within their year of application and by the standard presented during that admissions cycle alone.

We consider UKCAT with all other aspects of the application. All aspects are considered in equal measure. The range of scores we consider changes each year as the performance of each admissions cohort varies."

So they had updated their website for entry September 2016 at last. It looks like they do consider all aspects in equal measure, not to use the cut off of UKCAT as some people said.
Reply 1156
Can someone offer advice on which UKCAT unis I'll have a good chance at? There's conflicting info everywhere.

A*A*A achieved grades and 630 average? (vr550, qr800, ar550, sj630, band 2). I will be applying to BMAT unis too, but I want to have an option or 2 for UKCAT unis???
Original post by anvar333
Obviouskytheydont lookat deciles published by pearsonVUE itis just indication of overall performance of all applicants this year.So you know how you did this year .universities dont lookat overall performance of all appicants they look at the applicants who applied to their medical school and compare them to each other and they establish their own cut of or deciles for appicants.

Finally someone told everyone the truth. I've been waiting for someone to say this

Posted from TSR Mobile
On UCAS what is the difference between a Degree (UK Bachelor-honours) and a Bachelor Degree (UK-honours)???
705 - what decile? I don't understand this at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending