The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL Leeds university Dentistry 2016 applicants

;;;;
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tharakan
This is the thread is for anyone applying to Leeds uni to do dentistry this year. I know the thread title says 2016 but I meant for those who will be starting uni in 2016 and who have already applied to the uni, sorry if that`s confusing. Everyone ready for the Bmat??

No way near ready for the BMAT :s-smilie:
Reply 2
What are your stat?
Do you guys know whether they will be giving out interviews based on the BMAT scores or do they give out interviews first then check the BMAT results like last year?
Yeah last year was just a trial year. If theyre sending it out based on the scores then thats really worrying :/
Reply 5
I'm applying to leeds, am I ready for the BMAT... Nope!
Original post by HarryC97
I'm applying to leeds, am I ready for the BMAT... Nope!

That makes 2 of us ! How much preparation have you done?
same not feeling confident at all
I have done a bit, but the results are still low between 3-4 and that's not good at all. WBU?

Mines around the 4-5 mark, hopefully a few more days of intense practice will push it up. Where else have you applied?
Good luck for bmat tomorrow everyone :smile: how are you feeling?
Original post by minnie_1504
Good luck for bmat tomorrow everyone :smile: how are you feeling?

Good Luck to you too!
Not very confident honestly:frown:
Original post by TrayTrayDinh
Good Luck to you too!
Not very confident honestly:frown:

Me too :frown: iv been doing papers and my averages aren't looking that great :frown: what are your scores if you dont mind me asking....mine vary from around 4.2 to 5.7 for section 1 and 4.5 to 6 for section 2 :s
Original post by minnie_1504
Me too :frown: iv been doing papers and my averages aren't looking that great :frown: what are your scores if you dont mind me asking....mine vary from around 4.2 to 5.7 for section 1 and 4.5 to 6 for section 2 :s

Mine neither! my section 1 is dreadful ranging from 3.7-4.9 and section 2 4.5-6
:frown:
I`m getting low scores as well just praying for a miracle tomorrow.

and me Im hoping that my personal statement is good enough because they say they take their 200 for interview for ps and 50 based on BMAT
yeah same but i dont know I still want to do well just to better my chances of getting a interview. I really like Leeds dental school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much work have you done for the bmat?

And me! clearly not enough if Im still not scoring high enough havent even done section 3 :frown:
I`m literally just trying to cram as much as I can now and hope for the best tommorow. Same I haven`t started on section 3 either but I dont think we should worry about that cause Ive heard that leeds give half weighting to that part of the BMAT and also if you just adress the questions gully your guranteed a 3 which is pretty decent I think. Just focus on doing well in section 1 and 2 .

will do! Best of Luck tomorrow
You too. Let me know how it goes for you.

Will do! we shall confer tomorrow :smile:
Just a piece of advice for section 3, on the bmat website they have some sample essays that they've marked. And also if you haven't already, take a look at the bmat mega thread because people are posting the essays they've written so we can get a good idea. For section 3 all iv done is made essay plans for the medical ethics type questions but I haven't really written a full essay....I find this really useful so I would defo recommend you all do something similar :smile: hope this helps x
Was I the only one that found it horrific

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TrayTrayDinh
Was I the only one that found it horrific

I found section 1 particularly mean :frown: so many wordy questions
And mine I usually just finish but I had to guess quite a few 😔

Quick Reply

Latest