The Student Room Group

Should the north of England become a separate country?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mangala
then we could go to war with the south and they would lose cos theyre soft

This is what average people in the North of England look like. I dont know why we havent already split the country in half. The South needs to have a referendum on leaving the North, like the Scots did.

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Dopesmoker
This is what average people in the North of England look like. I dont know why we havent already split the country in half. The South needs to have a referendum on leaving the North, like the Scots did.

that girl would batter every single southerner by herself
Reply 22
Original post by sr90
So Liverpool and Sheffield are south then?

nah keep liverpool but sheffield is south
Im pretty sure there was some talk of Scotland annexing Carlisle and Newcastle well their on their way out. :biggrin:

This is obviously the cut off people.
Original post by Strawberry68

This is obviously the cut off people.

yes, everything north of nottingham should be spun off into its own country.
Original post by NoPunInThisName
Where's the cut-off point?

I like Shrewsbury so anything below Shropshire and the South can have the rest.

Shrewsbury is lovely but I don't imagine that the locals consider themselves northern. (I've never had that conversation, but I imagine Shropshire considers itself more southern than some other counties of that latitude.

At least being in the north might mean that people get their heads around the fact it's pronounced ShrOOsbury though. :tongue:
wtf she's not even skinny she's 'slim'.
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Shrewsbury is lovely but I don't imagine that the locals consider themselves northern. (I've never had that conversation, but I imagine Shropshire considers itself more southern than some other counties of that latitude.

At least being in the north might mean that people get their heads around the fact it's pronounced ShrOOsbury though. :tongue:

Shrewsbury is great gone fishing down there. But some locals get alienated if you pronunce it with the e. They pronounce it Shrowsbury
Original post by TheHelpfulMan
Shrewsbury is great gone fishing down there. But some locals get alienated if you pronunce it with the e. They pronounce it Shrowsbury

Eh? The vast, vast majority of the locals (and by "local" I mean anyone within 20-30 miles and extending well over the border into Wales) say Shroosbury.
Eh? The vast, vast majority of the locals (and by "local" I mean anyone within 20-30 miles and extending well over the border into Wales) say Shroosbury.

Well I pronounce things how i say them im about 56 miles away from "Shrewsbury" and i pronounce it with the E
Well I pronounce things how i say them im about 56 miles away from "Shrewsbury" and i pronounce it with the E

Good, that's the correct way. :wink:
Good, that's the correct way. :wink:

It's the welsh , and the shropies who can't pronounce it right
Reply 33
nah nah whats up with you homie, seperation is bad, let us be indivisible in one nation under god
It's the welsh , and the shropies who can't pronounce it right

No, we definitely pronounce it like that as well.
The north would destroy itself by becoming a left wing Labour hell hole. Within days 100 million third world migrants will have flooded the region.
Original post by mangala
then we could go to war with the south and they would lose cos theyre soft

The midlanders would kick you all over the shop. And the farmers and shy of giving a thumping or two. Its just the south coast pufta's we have to wory about.
Original post by Squirrel777
The north would destroy itself by becoming a left wing Labour hell hole. Within days 100 million third world migrants will have flooded the region.

The whole of the north (from yorkshire upwards -Bradford to be specific) Hate foreigners but vote labour as tory gives them hell
Certainly not. Why on earth would we want to be small and unimportant.
The whole of the north (from yorkshire upwards -Bradford to be specific) Hate foreigners but vote labour as tory gives them hell

A 1.5% swing to the Tories (current polling suggests that has been achieved) will give the Tories Wakefield and Halifax for the first time in around a century. Yorkshire aint as red as people think and even in Bradford Ukip managed 24% of the vote in Bradford South.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending