The Student Room Group

Psychology help

I'm sitting my AS psychology exam next month and I'm stuck-- other than notes and text book qs does anyone have any advice on how to revise psych systematically and effectively. I've done all the specimen papers online (new spec) would it be useful re-doing them?
Any advicewould be appreciated :smile:
I'm also doing Psychology! Which exam board are you doing? I'm doing AQA?

I would suggest redoing the Pastpapers. But I would mainly focus on doing individual 6 markers or 12 markers.
If you're doing AQA then you would have 6 units to do:

Paper 1:
~ Social influence
~ Memory
~ Attachment

Paper 2
~ Approaches in psychology (including Biopsychology)
~ Psychopathology
~ Research Methods

What I'm doing: 12, 12 markers for each unit = 72, 12m essays. Do the essays at least twice or 3 if you think you can manage it. Reduce the info as you go. So in your first attempt you will have paragraphs, second attempt = bullet points and final attempt = keywords only.

For keywords, I'm doing keyword tests to make sure I know all the keywords.

I'm also making flashcards, mindmaps, revision videos on YouTube, class notes etc.

Try this website: http://psychbug.co.uk - revision mindmaps, flashcards and ppts.
Reply 2
is it true that there will be 3, 12 markers in unit 1
And unit 2 will consist of only 2, 12 markers
Reply 3
Original post by Workangel_24
I'm also doing Psychology! Which exam board are you doing? I'm doing AQA?

I would suggest redoing the Pastpapers. But I would mainly focus on doing individual 6 markers or 12 markers.
If you're doing AQA then you would have 6 units to do:

Paper 1:
~ Social influence
~ Memory
~ Attachment

Paper 2
~ Approaches in psychology (including Biopsychology)
~ Psychopathology
~ Research Methods

What I'm doing: 12, 12 markers for each unit = 72, 12m essays. Do the essays at least twice or 3 if you think you can manage it. Reduce the info as you go. So in your first attempt you will have paragraphs, second attempt = bullet points and final attempt = keywords only.

For keywords, I'm doing keyword tests to make sure I know all the keywords.

I'm also making flashcards, mindmaps, revision videos on YouTube, class notes etc.

Try this website: http://psychbug.co.uk - revision mindmaps, flashcards and ppts.

-----------------

@Workangel_24 Woah thanks so much! That is a lot of essays but it is the best way to get as much practice. Yup I'm doing AQA - the past paper bullet point method is actually super helpful. When you do your first 12m for a topic do you do it using notes/textbook first or do you try memorizing the topic then going for it. Been finding the cat textbook particularly useful for evaluation. Ty again
Original post by Ami T. O
-----------------

@Workangel_24 Woah thanks so much! That is a lot of essays but it is the best way to get as much practice. Yup I'm doing AQA - the past paper bullet point method is actually super helpful. When you do your first 12m for a topic do you do it using notes/textbook first or do you try memorizing the topic then going for it. Been finding the cat textbook particularly useful for evaluation. Ty again

I would suggest doing the first 12m using the textbook and your class notes, then do it again this time without your notes and in timed conditions.
You need to be marking the questions too. Read through the mark scheme so you understand fully how to get the higher level boundaires for each question.

You can also use iTeachPsych.tumblr.com.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending