The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireFreezer77
It qas pretty apparent too. They were slower at LeMans year than in 2014 by 2s a lap (in qualifying at least).
Porsche were mighty last year. I was at LeMans last year (sat opposite the Porsche LMP1 garages). It was awesome!!!

No idea what they could be. Id like to see more LMP1 teams tbh.
I sure hope so! I love the DPI cars and so hope they do race at LeMans (although theyre only gonna let American teams run them).
Super GT cars are quicker than the GT cars and probably could compete in LMP2/LMP1.
Id like to see it happen as it would bring a nice variety of cars together in the great race.
Have you seen the garage 56 entry for LeMans this year?

as it stands, super gt is the 2nd quickest closed cockpit category after p1H. would be fascinating to see how they stack against 1l.
I havent seen 56. how is it this year (ps love to know more about your experience at la sarthe (e.g. how was it apart from being opposite porsche (which must have been amazing), costs, how to travel, are there any places serving halal/kosher/veggie food near on track or would I have to bring things; did you get to ride the ferris wheel). Im considering going in the future but noone else I know in real life likes wec except for a relative of mine who works for a car manufacturer with links in wec and f1 at 1 of their middle eastern branches (not saying which one but it is a luxury manufacturer)
Original post by quasa
as it stands, super gt is the 2nd quickest closed cockpit category after p1H. would be fascinating to see how they stack against 1l.
I havent seen 56. how is it this year (ps love to know more about your experience at la sarthe (e.g. how was it apart from being opposite porsche (which must have been amazing), costs, how to travel, are there any places serving halal/kosher/veggie food near on track or would I have to bring things; did you get to ride the ferris wheel). Im considering going in the future but noone else I know in real life likes wec except for a relative of mine who works for a car manufacturer with links in wec and f1 at 1 of their middle eastern branches (not saying which one but it is a luxury manufacturer)

I thought it was. They use the same regulations as DTM and they may merge in the future (would be interesting). It wouldn't indeed be fascinating!
There a disabled athlete entering in a modified P2 car. All other drivers are able bodied but the man behind it is a quadruple amputee! I hope they do well. Also next years has been announced as a biogas prototype.

Well I was supporting Nissan in a Porsche grandstand which was a bit awkward! I liked the Nissan LMP1 program! It was an amazing experience! The sounds of the cars were incredible (the Corvettes were friggin loud!!). It was an 18th birthday present for me so I'm not sure of the costs (all I know was that it was expensive, also my grandstand ticket was £120 + General admission (which is required) as around £69). Me and my Dad went. We travelled by coach (with Leger Holidays). It was a long trip there and back but it wasn't too bad. The people on the coach (that worked for the company) were really friendly and funny! They also put films on (Rush and Journey To LeMans) and they had drinks which they sold to us. During the race we could also come back to the coach at anytime to get some food and drinks (the food in the track was rubbish, all I ate was two baguettes and a croissant). I'm not particularly sure about what types the food was but there wasn't a lot and it was damn expensive! I would defo reccomend bringing your own! We also stopped at service stations on the way so there was a chance to buy food and drinks there too.
The race itself seemed shorter than 24 hours I watched a good 17-18 hours of it! We were also sat near a big screen and I was Listening to Radio LeMans on my phone (under my ear muffs). I'm sure you know what radio LeMans is but if you don't it's just commentary for the race and they also discuss things before and after the race. It was a 10/10 experience and I would love to go again. It's my favourite race in the world!! But I'm going to Silverstone this year to see the F1 so I can't complain! Also I didn't ride the Ferris wheel. I was too interested in the race to do much else. There is a museum there about the history of the race which was good (lots of race winning cars in there, but no Mazda 787B though :frown: ). There were stalls in the paddock area but all I bought was a race programme. They also announced the new Alpine sports car there which was awesome (i love their cars).

Tbh I don't know anyone else who likes Motorsport. Oh wow their job must be awesome. I have a feeling I know which one it is.
I thought it was. They use the same regulations as DTM and they may merge in the future (would be interesting). It wouldn't indeed be fascinating!
There a disabled athlete entering in a modified P2 car. All other drivers are able bodied but the man behind it is a quadruple amputee! I hope they do well. Also next years has been announced as a biogas prototype.

Well I was supporting Nissan in a Porsche grandstand which was a bit awkward! I liked the Nissan LMP1 program! It was an amazing experience! The sounds of the cars were incredible (the Corvettes were friggin loud!!). It was an 18th birthday present for me so I'm not sure of the costs (all I know was that it was expensive, also my grandstand ticket was £120 + General admission (which is required) as around £69). Me and my Dad went. We travelled by coach (with Leger Holidays). It was a long trip there and back but it wasn't too bad. The people on the coach (that worked for the company) were really friendly and funny! They also put films on (Rush and Journey To LeMans) and they had drinks which they sold to us. During the race we could also come back to the coach at anytime to get some food and drinks (the food in the track was rubbish, all I ate was two baguettes and a croissant). I'm not particularly sure about what types the food was but there wasn't a lot and it was damn expensive! I would defo reccomend bringing your own! We also stopped at service stations on the way so there was a chance to buy food and drinks there too.
The race itself seemed shorter than 24 hours I watched a good 17-18 hours of it! We were also sat near a big screen and I was Listening to Radio LeMans on my phone (under my ear muffs). I'm sure you know what radio LeMans is but if you don't it's just commentary for the race and they also discuss things before and after the race. It was a 10/10 experience and I would love to go again. It's my favourite race in the world!! But I'm going to Silverstone this year to see the F1 so I can't complain! Also I didn't ride the Ferris wheel. I was too interested in the race to do much else. There is a museum there about the history of the race which was good (lots of race winning cars in there, but no Mazda 787B though :frown: ). There were stalls in the paddock area but all I bought was a race programme. They also announced the new Alpine sports car there which was awesome (i love their cars).

Tbh I don't know anyone else who likes Motorsport. Oh wow their job must be awesome. I have a feeling I know which one it is.

Cool story bro. Wanna say it again?
Original post by cooldudeman
Cool story bro. Wanna say it again?

I've said it once, it's still there if ya want to read it again!
I've said it once, it's still there if ya want to read it again!

Fu bitach
Original post by cooldudeman
Fu bitach

Nah.
hello!

Original post by User947387
hi

Latest