The Student Room Group

I need help - does my friend still want to be friends with me?

Me and my friend used to get on really well with each other and we were like besties. A few months ago she started talking to me less and I started to get worried. I said I felt there was a problem between us and she said there wasn't and she then blocked me. I spoke to our friend about it and she said she has a lot of things going on in her life that she wants to focus on which I didn't know about. She eventually unblocked me and I said that I was sorry for everything I did and wanted to patch things up between us. She said she had been busy over the past while and didn't want me filling her with negative talk all the time and the best thing for us is to talk once a month. She also said she doesn't think of me as a friend anymore after what I did and to give each other space. When she said she maybe will talk to me next month she blocked me again.

I don't know what to think. Does she still see me as a friend when she still wants to still talk once a month although she has blocked me again? Will she unblock me again? How do I build up trust again for us to be friends?

I would really appreciate you guys help!!!
That happens sometimes I knew some girls at collage where were all about this kind of drama in the end I just hung out with different people I suggest you do the same.
Reply 2
Original post by jonathanemptage
That happens sometimes I knew some girls at collage where were all about this kind of drama in the end I just hung out with different people I suggest you do the same.

This girl is a really good friend to me and we loved each others company and helped each other a lot. I miss her so much. I don't really have any other friends apart from her and our mutual friend and I dont want to lose her
She has blocked you twice and told you that she doesn't see you as her friend any more.
She does not want to be friends with you.
Stop trying to contact her and work on improving your own life.

Are you are getting a lot of complaints from friends about always saying negative stuff or being asked to stop filling other people's ears with negativity?
If you are, now is probably a good time to think about whether your comments upset other people and if you have a negative glasses half empty approach to life that scares people away from you.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Me and my friend used to get on really well with each other and we were like besties. A few months ago she started talking to me less and I started to get worried. I said I felt there was a problem between us and she said there wasn't and she then blocked me. I spoke to our friend about it and she said she has a lot of things going on in her life that she wants to focus on which I didn't know about. She eventually unblocked me and I said that I was sorry for everything I did and wanted to patch things up between us. She said she had been busy over the past while and didn't want me filling her with negative talk all the time and the best thing for us is to talk once a month. She also said she doesn't think of me as a friend anymore after what I did and to give each other space. When she said she maybe will talk to me next month she blocked me again.

I don't know what to think. Does she still see me as a friend when she still wants to still talk once a month although she has blocked me again? Will she unblock me again? How do I build up trust again for us to be friends?

I would really appreciate you guys help!!!

Talking too negatively can affect someone and if it became too much for her, then its reasonable how she distanced herself. But it's not a reason to try and end a friendship without even communicating. Thats the part im confused on. What did you do to make her think of you not as a friend anymore.
For now, seeing as she blocked you - she doesnt want to talk and it seems like the only time you can talk is irl.
Just find other people to hang out with if you have no clue what you did and shes leaving you in the dark
Reply 5
Original post by mallowtopia
She has blocked you twice and told you that she doesn't see you as her friend any more.
She does not want to be friends with you.
Stop trying to contact her and work on improving your own life.

Are you are getting a lot of complaints from friends about always saying negative stuff or being asked to stop filling other people's ears with negativity?
If you are, now is probably a good time to think about whether your comments upset other people and if you have a negative glasses half empty approach to life that scares people away from you.

Why does she still want to keep in touch with me every month then if she doesn't want to be friends? What does that mean?

No its just her that has said that Im negative
Reply 6
Original post by TomokoRainMaker
Talking too negatively can affect someone and if it became too much for her, then its reasonable how she distanced herself. But it's not a reason to try and end a friendship without even communicating. Thats the part im confused on. What did you do to make her think of you not as a friend anymore.
For now, seeing as she blocked you - she doesnt want to talk and it seems like the only time you can talk is irl.
Just find other people to hang out with if you have no clue what you did and shes leaving you in the dark

Yeah that's what I'm confused about too like I didnt know she had a lot going on as she never told me so I obviously won't have known. I said I felt things weren't the same between us and it was like she didnt care about our friendship anymore and probably between that and all the things she has going on it was too much for her to handle I don't know?

I dont see her very often that's the thing. I dont understand why she said she will speak once a month but then blocked me straight after
Original post by Anonymous #1
Why does she still want to keep in touch with me every month then if she doesn't want to be friends? What does that mean?

No its just her that has said that Im negative

Probably for when she's bored and looking to share or start some gossip.
The moment she blocked you and told you that she doesn't see you as a friend you should have walked away from her.

Don't waste your time with someone that doesn't value you because they used to be more friendly.
There are lots of people in the world looking to make new friends.
Get chatting with them and see if they are the type of friends you will be happy making.
Reply 8
Original post by mallowtopia
Probably for when she's bored and looking to share or start some gossip.
The moment she blocked you and told you that she doesn't see you as a friend you should have walked away from her.

Don't waste your time with someone that doesn't value you because they used to be more friendly.
There are lots of people in the world looking to make new friends.
Get chatting with them and see if they are the type of friends you will be happy making.

She never really bored as she does a lot of things in her spare time and shes not the kinda person to start or get involved with gossip

I still want to be friends with her as she is very sweet and kind but I would say because she has so much going on in her life more than normal its stressing her out more and shes struggling to maintain her emotions

Many girls I know are a lot worse than my friend I dont want to waste my energy with them sorry
Sweet and kind people generally don’t mess you around in these ways.
Reply 10
Original post by Admit-One
Sweet and kind people generally don’t mess you around in these ways.

Yes but when theyve got a lot going on in their mind and are stressed they are not the person they normally are. We all can get like that from time to time

When we speak again should I be nice to them ask them what theyve been up to and not bring any of this up?
Reply 11
Some of my friends talks negative things a lot. At first I try to listen to them and comfort them. But then I found out that no matter how hard I try, they just think negatively. I sometimes also feel stressed so if my friends keep talking negative things to me, I feel my mental health is getting worse. So I've started to avoid contact with them and focus on my own life. I’m not sure if she still wants to be friends with you. But I think you could try to be positive and make yourself happy first.
Reply 12
Original post by Falafala
Some of my friends talks negative things a lot. At first I try to listen to them and comfort them. But then I found out that no matter how hard I try, they just think negatively. I sometimes also feel stressed so if my friends keep talking negative things to me, I feel my mental health is getting worse. So I've started to avoid contact with them and focus on my own life. I’m not sure if she still wants to be friends with you. But I think you could try to be positive and make yourself happy first.

Yeah you are so right in saying this. Me and this friend I've mentioned were pretty much the same. When She felt negative I supported her and she was really thankful for how caring I was to her and when I felt negative she supported me and she wanted me to feel better and said how strong I was. But then the support becane less when this overload on her life came about. I think this overload of thingsin her life and my negativity have been too much for her to cope.

So do you think I should work on bettering myself this month when were not talking and then next month when we talk I be more positive around her? Would this increase her chances of wanting to be friends again?
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous

So do you think I should work on bettering myself this month when were not talking and then next month when we talk I be more positive around her? Would this increase her chances of wanting to be friends again?

Yes. Do you have any hobbies? It could be stressful if you and your friends only talk about struggles most of the time when you guys meet. Try to share something interesting happening in your life. For example, if you like painting, you could draw one for her. Or try to develop a hobby, anything you like, or she likes. Or even share a funny tv show you’ve watched.
(edited 3 months ago)
Yes but when theyve got a lot going on in their mind and are stressed they are not the person they normally are. We all can get like that from time to time

When we speak again should I be nice to them ask them what theyve been up to and not bring any of this up?

We can have a lot going on but I’ve never unfreinded someone or messed them about by telling them I didn’t want to be friends but touch base later. I’ve never had it done to me either. It all seems needlessly overdramatic.

I think your friend will dictate how things go on from here.
Reply 15
Original post by Falafala

Yes. Do you have any hobbies? It could be stressful if you and your friends only talk about struggles most of the time when you guys meet. Try to share something interesting happening in your life. For example, if you like painting, you could draw one for her. Or try to develop a hobby, anything you like, or she likes. Or even share a funny tv show you’ve watched.

I have some hobbies like I enjoy nature and taking a lot of photos, comedy shows and games. Shes very into her music and tv. Over the past while everythin we have been talking about has been negative as it all happened from us not seeing each other and she missed seeing me and I missed seeing her. She did share a tv show she recommended and I watched it and told her all about it. Noting very interesting has happened in my life lately.

Your comments have been so helpful. Can I pm you more about this?
Drop her and move on. She doesn't value your company, your time or your effort.
Reply 17
Original post by Admit-One

We can have a lot going on but I’ve never unfreinded someone or messed them about by telling them I didn’t want to be friends but touch base later. I’ve never had it done to me either. It all seems needlessly overdramatic.

I think your friend will dictate how things go on from here.

I would say the stress is a big part of why she is like this and I would say when she has more time again shell regret her actions towards me
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous #2
Drop her and move on. She doesn't value your company, your time or your effort.

But I still want to be friends with her. I think the stress has got to her
Reply 19
Original post by Bignoc
Baby want to talk

Hey. yeah I'll send you a pm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending