The Student Room Group

WHAT DID YOU GET IN YEar 6 SATS?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MercilessGirth
Bruh, I got 6A*s at GCSE and level 4s in my SATs

SATs ain't sheeet :lol:

yooo same. No, but seriously they brought it up at awards evening so awks
English/Maths/Science - Level 5a's. Some people didn't take Science but I did.
Original post by ByronicHero
Whatever the top grades were. I believe, way back when I did them, that the highest grade was 5. I recall being told I answered only one question wrong in the maths paper which was annoying as it was so simple. I was an insufferable child and would have far preferred to be able to tell people I scored 100% :lol: I was that child who would tell teachers my IQ when they were telling me off :facepalm2:

Where did it all go wrong :moon:

When I did them the papers said levels 3-5 but I have looked and it seems as if they introduced an extra Level 6 paper in recent years I am not sure whether all schools do it though.I did do some Level 6 stuff for Maths and the lower set did some Level 5 stuff and I did get the Level 6 it wasn't a proper exam though.My results were:
I got Maths- 5a(97% I believe)
Science-5b English-5b(including a 5 in Reading and a 5 in Writing).

My school used Sats to work out GCSE target grades I remember my Maths teacher saying that one person only had a grade A target as they only got a 5c in their Maths Sats.

Sats were taken very seriously in my Primary School(back in 2008) I'm not sure whether its the same in other schools you did mocks,past papers and you did revision lessons and you also got a week of fun activities(mostly trips out I think) as a reward for doing such grueling exams.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 64
5 - Maths
6 - Science
5 - English

How it used to be so easy!!! Little did we all know what maths science English would bring to us 😩😩
Original post by Fractite
I got 3 Level 5's (94 out of 100 in Maths, I think).

I didn't know you could get a Level 6 in Year 6 lol.

You had to be entered specially. But this might be outdated info now that kids are getting 5a or whatever since IDK what that is. I just got 555, my brother got 655 or something but I wasn't allowed to do the special exam due to being too much of a meathead :nopity:
Original post by Dalek1099
When I did them the papers said levels 3-5 but I have looked and it seems as if they introduced an extra Level 6 paper in recent years I am not sure whether all schools do it though.I did do some Level 6 stuff for Maths and the lower set did some Level 5 stuff and I did get the Level 6 it wasn't a proper exam though.My results were:
I got Maths- 5a(97% I believe)
Science-5b English-5b(including a 5 in Reading and a 5 in Writing).

My school used Sats to work out GCSE target grades I remember my Maths teacher saying that one person only had a grade A target as they only got a 5c in their Maths Sats.

Sats were taken very seriously in my Primary School(back in 2008) I'm not sure whether its the same in other schools you did mocks,past papers and you did revision lessons and you also got a week of fun activities(mostly trips out I think) as a reward for doing such grueling exams.

I believe schools had to elect to enter students for level 6 papers and some just never did, but I am not certain. For example, I was taking maths with the year 6s when I was in year 3 and so, by year 6, found it all amusingly easy. I still wasn't entered for level 6 papers. This may be because nobody was, or it may be because I was also an awful child (I was expelled towards the end of year 6). I can't say I remember now as it was so very long ago.

Edit: those two marks dropped for M1 must have been annoying.
(edited 8 years ago)
5a-maths
5b-science
5c-english
Level 5 in English, Maths and Science

can't remember if they were a, b or c. Got a 5a in Maths though.
English: 6C

Maths: 4A

Science: 5B
555, never got the partition.

Also, even if you got 100% in ours, that was still only a 5a so these guys with 6s...

(I know that because I 100%'d my Y6 maths SAT :u:)
Original post by Alexion
555, never got the partition.

Also, even if you got 100% in ours, that was still only a 5a so these guys with 6s...

(I know that because I 100%'d my Y6 maths SAT :u:)

Same here except fate changed for me during GCSE's haha. Can't believe they scrapped the Science one, though they do test some schools randomly.
5a Maths
5a Science
4b English - still terrible at it lol :biggrin:
How are people getting level 6? i thought the papers were like level 3 - 5
My school lost mine so i never found out, not really sure what happened in the end but either way i never knew the result unfortunately. Not that it even matters lol.
People on the TSR be like: "I got 10A*s in year 6stats can I get into Uni"

jk
Original post by ByronicHero
I believe schools had to elect to enter students for level 6 papers and some just never did, but I am not certain. For example, I was taking maths with the year 6s when I was in year 3 and so, by year 6, found it all amusingly easy. I still wasn't entered for level 6 papers. This may be because nobody was, or it may be because I was also an awful child (I was expelled towards the end of year 6). I can't say I remember now as it was so very long ago.

Edit: those two marks dropped for M1 must have been annoying.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/10839145/More-11-year-olds-being-entered-for-super-SATs-tests.html

Looks like the level 6 Sats were reintroduced in 2012 after being available a decade before that so when I did it they weren't available.I would have probably only been able to sit the Maths one and I'm not sure whether I would have been able to get it I did get a Level 6 on some Level 6 work I did but I had to work hard to get a 5a I got a 5b in the mock, I got 5c in English and Science in the mocks too so I improved by a sublevel in each in the real exams.
6 for science and English 4a for maths
5a,5b,4a
My secondary school took SATS way too seriously, put me in set 5 for maths. Even though I found it too easy they wouldn't move me up BECAUSE of my SATS results :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest