The Student Room Group

which unis can i apply for

I got the following grades in my gcse: 988777655 , I want to study medicine , but got grade 7-6 in science
I'm currently studying a levels bio chem psych, my mocks are in less that 4 months ,
which universities could i realistically apply to with those grades ? ty
what are the 5s in?
Hi, are you in year 12 with the intention of applying for medicine 2025 entry? If so, I would recommend researching into Universities that don't score your GCSEs as part of your application. And I would aim to do really well in your UCAT this summer
Reply 3
Original post by lanky_giraffe
what are the 5s in?

french and geography
Reply 4
Original post by jengablocks79
Hi, are you in year 12 with the intention of applying for medicine 2025 entry? If so, I would recommend researching into Universities that don't score your GCSEs as part of your application. And I would aim to do really well in your UCAT this summer

thank you, do you have any tips for UCAT, i was going to start revising on it during the 6 weeks holidays and take the exam towards the end of the holidays ? do you think this is a good idea? tysm
Original post by ambrxxn1
thank you, do you have any tips for UCAT, i was going to start revising on it during the 6 weeks holidays and take the exam towards the end of the holidays ? do you think this is a good idea? tysm

Definietly take your exam during the holidays as you will not have time once Y13 starts. I would really recommmend using medify or medentry to help your prep. Don't focus too hard on the 6 weeks, you don't want to burn out. I would recomend 4 weeks set aside as prep maximum.

Start learning the general structure of questions now ish and keep this going along with getting used to the timings of how quickly you need to be answering these questions.
I got the following grades in my gcse: 988777655 , I want to study medicine , but got grade 7-6 in science
I'm currently studying a levels bio chem psych, my mocks are in less that 4 months ,

Yep as others have said, avoid em Unis that heavily weigh on GCSEs eg: Leicester, Cardiff, and Oxbridge.
Good luck on your mocks (they will be a big determinant of your predicted grades).
Like others have said prep using the sources online. Personally found Medify the best cause their practice tests were quite similar to the real thing. 6 weeks is good prep I think. It really depends on how spread out your practice is and how you practice. Had a friend who did 6 weeks and got 2900. He only did like an hour a day throughout the summer holidays and sat the exam start of the Y13. I on the other hand prepped a month and sat the exam the last possible date (ik during school time but I had to finish an EPQ draft and work experience over summer). Focus on the sections you score best in (many would find this to be DM and QR as it is more abt speed than anything). Hope this helps!

Hi there!

At UCLan, we ask for evidence of sustained academic achievement in your GCSE's and then AAA in your A-levels including chemistry. I have linked our entry requirements here so you can have a look at this.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions about our MBBS course, let me know!

Best of luck!

Rebecca, UCLan mbbs
Reply 8
Original post by UCLan Student
Hi there!

At UCLan, we ask for evidence of sustained academic achievement in your GCSE's and then AAA in your A-levels including chemistry. I have linked our entry requirements here so you can have a look at this.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions about our MBBS course, let me know!

Best of luck!

Rebecca, UCLan mbbs
Has UCLan removed their requirement for Home applicants to be resident in the North West now?
Reply 9
Original post by Tulipbloom
Yep as others have said, avoid em Unis that heavily weigh on GCSEs eg: Leicester, Cardiff, and Oxbridge.
Good luck on your mocks (they will be a big determinant of your predicted grades).
Like others have said prep using the sources online. Personally found Medify the best cause their practice tests were quite similar to the real thing. 6 weeks is good prep I think. It really depends on how spread out your practice is and how you practice. Had a friend who did 6 weeks and got 2900. He only did like an hour a day throughout the summer holidays and sat the exam start of the Y13. I on the other hand prepped a month and sat the exam the last possible date (ik during school time but I had to finish an EPQ draft and work experience over summer). Focus on the sections you score best in (many would find this to be DM and QR as it is more abt speed than anything). Hope this helps!
I thought Cambridge never weighs heavily on GCSES?
Original post by GANFYD
Has UCLan removed their requirement for Home applicants to be resident in the North West now?
Hi @GANFYD,

Thank you for your question. For the 25/26 starts applications, we will have 15 places for applicants living in the North West only and another 35 places open for UK wide applications which includes the North West.

I hope this helps.
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending