The Student Room Group

Why having good looks is rated more than a good heart?

Scroll to see replies

"What you see is all there is". Halo effect.
Reply 21
Original post by Awesome Genius
Is that you in that pic?

No hahahaha
Original post by stefano865
Pretty sure you once said that you would never date a man under 6'2?

Just saying. :dontknow:

No..I said I'd like to date a man as tall as that because I prefer tall men. However, I wouldn't mind if we get along well. Also, this is in general. Like so many people judge others on their looks or the brand they wear etc, even to talk to be friends with them.

Original post by Dinasaurus
Why must you assume that someone with good looks does not have a good heart? There isn't a set distinction.

I'm not assuming that. I'm merely pointing out that why some people consider looks so important even in everyday talks or to be friends with someone.
Original post by Goaded
I can't date someone I don't find attractive so yes it's something j put at the forefront lol

As I said, attraction is important and we all have preferences. I have my own preferences. However, this is general. I mean judging a random stranger on their looks, passing comments on them etc.
Original post by BrokenLife
I understand that a pleasant face is attractive etc but I've seen so many people who base their judgements on other's looks. Its rather immature and so ignorant.

At the end of the day, that is the harsh and unfair reality, all we can do is stay away from those and find the 'elite few' who do not uphold this judgement

making fun of them or what they wear is indicative of your own personality, morals, immaturity and values. Such beings need to grow up and fix their minds.
On the morals/values and fashion there is some discrepancy as these are controllable unlike their facial structure and features.

Some ppl do wear some pretty weird stuff/have unique morals and want attention anyway so thats a strange case, and some ppl wear rather revealing outfits that dont rly respect themselves so it depends a little. However you are right on the whole!

(edited 8 years ago)
Its just sickening to see tbh. I understand that a pleasant face is attractive etc but I've seen so many people who base their judgements on other's looks. Its rather immature and so ignorant. I'm only making this thread because I know a guy who literally judge everyone on their looks and their clothes. Unfortunately, I get to see him everyday and he makes fun of everyone and I cannot stand him.

I feel sad for such people. Looks is temporary guys, hearts stays the same. Yes, attraction in a relationship is crucial but judging some and making fun of them or what they wear is indicative of your own personality, morals, immaturity and values. Such beings need to grow up and fix their minds.

I would show you my heart, but it's in too many pieces. It would take too long to take out. You can still see my face though, not that you'd want to.
I do find it amazing how much someone's personality can also ruin their looks.

At one of my old workplaces there was a guy who seemed relatively 'good looking' and stuff, but the instant I had to get to know him better and put up with him (aka he was an *******) I suddenly saw him completely differently; no longer goodlooking at all.

Oops I sidetracked, but yeah is it a shame how much focus is placed on looks. The inside counts a lottttt more.
Original post by Youngmetro
Girls put standards on boys (even you do OP) and boys put standards on girls.

Preferences is one thing but I'm not that shallow that I would see a 5'4 man who I think has an amazing personality but put him off. I've had a crush on a guy who's 5'4 only because he has a amazing personality.

In general terms, for example, a random stranger that you see and you passing comments on them in relation to their looks and determining whether you would be friends with them or not.
Original post by Goaded
No hahahaha

Who is it?

I give awards to ppl who had quoted me recent to when I made the last thread tbh

I do remember you were a fan and would have gladly given you one had we interacted near to the time of the thread

Thanks for your support anyway :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
I've got neither, my heart's got a cholesterol layer to keep it warm; if Dracula tried taking my blood, he would become clinically obese
Its just sickening to see tbh. I understand that a pleasant face is attractive etc but I've seen so many people who base their judgements on other's looks. Its rather immature and so ignorant. I'm only making this thread because I know a guy who literally judge everyone on their looks and their clothes. Unfortunately, I get to see him everyday and he makes fun of everyone and I cannot stand him.

I feel sad for such people. Looks is temporary guys, hearts stays the same. Yes, attraction in a relationship is crucial but judging some and making fun of them or what they wear is indicative of your own personality, morals, immaturity and values. Such beings need to grow up and fix their minds.

Truth to be told we're living in a very visual society in which people mostly judge each other based on outer appearance we use that to deduce the value of an individual. Those that are on the attractive spectrum are held to a higher regard than those who are not. Also guys tend to be more visual than girls we care more about how the girl looks regardless of how intelligent or kind they might be. If you're unattractive as a girl it usually is an immediate turn off to guys and no amount of kindness or intelligence could make up for it. Not to say every guy thinks like that but, a lot do.
Original post by Goaded
No hahahaha

wow you should have said yes. He would have made threads declaring his love for you, bragging about his intelligence and sharing his wealth with you.
Reply 31
Thats what fat people say
You need to be physically attracted in the first place to like someone. But of course, some people are ridiculous and ONLY look at how attractive someone is. (A common problem with Asian girls I've found.)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Awesome Genius
Who is it?

I give awards to ppl who had quoted me recent to when I made the last thread tbh

I do remember you were a fan and would have gladly given you one had we interacted near to the time of the thread

Thanks for your support anyway :smile:

I can PM you the actual me tomorrow lol
Reply 34
Original post by Youngmetro
wow you should have said yes. He would have made threads declaring his love for you, bragging about his intelligence and sharing his wealth with you.

But that's rlly creepy
Original post by Tinemither
I would show you my heart, but it's in too many pieces. It would take too long to take out. You can still see my face though, not that you'd want to.

It's time for a PM my dear :hugs:
Guys, excluding the romantic relationship part, just focus on how some people only focus on looks or someone's clothes to determine whether to be friends with that person or not.

That is REAL worrying.
Original post by Roxeber
Thats what fat people say

I'm not even near fat.
We live in an image based society unfortunately.

Imagine how happy everyone would be if there was no actual definition of beautiful!
Reply 39
I'm not even near fat.

Thats what they all say unfortunately

Quick Reply

Latest