The Student Room Group

Ppe vs chemistry

hi, so i asked a couple of months ago if there’s a point to me applying to oxford with my grades and i think i would stand a good chance if i were to but now i need to decide where i take a STEM or a non STEM route. i know i enjoy ppe and i’m particularly good with the philosophy aspect i believe, but my heart always goes back to science in some way. like i wish i studied evolution or astronomy without having to learn about the rest of bio or physics (particularly evolution) and ik you can do a lot more with chem than PPE. i thought about maybe doing something in science at a masters level but i’m assuming u would need a scientific bachelors to pursue it. in all honesty i don’t enjoy chemistry but i am rather good at it and i have done enough extras for both subjects. i just can’t choose bc it almost feels like chem is the safe option so i can pursue a masters in evolution further on.
Reply 1
Original post by crucibleoflava
ik you can do a lot more with chem than PPE ... i don’t enjoy chemistry but i am rather good at it ... feels like chem is the safe option

as a ppe graduate, i won't stand for this slander

neither degree is conducive to a particular career and both are well regarded (in fact i'd hazard a guess they have similar graduate earning potential and employment rates - https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/student-advice/careers/what-do-graduates-do-and-earn)

chemistry will allow you to pursue further education in the sciences, but you already said you don't enjoy it so why study it for 3 years?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending