The Student Room Group

100 UMS in C1/C2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Acrux
Any students have any advice or tips to get 100 UMS in C1 and C2?

tbf it will not be easy this year
Original post by Asad_2015
tbf it will not be easy this year

tbf it's not easy any year
Last year C1 was bliss, C2 I bombed in.
Original post by samb1234
tbf it's not easy any year

haha but it will be harder this year :s. If you look at 2005-2011 ish they're standard, now if you look at the papers they're getting more non standard and applied.
Original post by Asad_2015
haha but it will be harder this year :s. If you look at 2005-2011 ish they're standard, now if you look at the papers they're getting more non standard and applied.

honestly the difficulty of papers can be a good thing when going for 100 (at least that was my experience last year). Harder papers mean lower ums which means you have more margin for error to get 100.
honestly the difficulty of papers can be a good thing when going for 100 (at least that was my experience last year). Harder papers mean lower ums which means you have more margin for error to get 100.

Hmm I agree to some extent but I tend to also like papers I can finish in <30 mins so I can redo it 3 times and catch any mistakes.
Reply 46
Original post by BBeyond
Hmm I agree to some extent but I tend to also like papers I can finish in <30 mins so I can redo it 3 times and catch any mistakes.

I redid this one C4 question in my paper like 10 times and missed full UMS because I gave my answer as a+blncd\frac{a + b\ln c}{d} instead of a+lncbd\frac{a + \ln c^b}{d} (as was asked for) each single time. Lost 1 raw and 2 UMS because of that. FML. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: And it was an IAL paper, so 124/125. :rofl:
Original post by BBeyond

I preferred to do do the paper once or occasionally twice with methods to catch mistakes as i went along, e.g. doing it via two different methods. This meant that I instantly knew whether or not my answer was right or not so I didn't have to come back later and reacquaint myself with the question to see if it was correct or not
Original post by Zacken
I redid this one C4 question in my paper like 10 times and missed full UMS because I gave my answer as a+blncd\frac{a + b\ln c}{d} instead of a+lncbd\frac{a + \ln c^b}{d} (as was asked for) each single time. Lost 1 raw and 2 UMS because of that. FML. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: And it was an IAL paper, so 124/125. :rofl:

Ahahhah RIP I've noticed IAL boundaries tend to be sky high??? They seem so much harder than normal ones as well :tongue:

Need to get my m3 times down man, gotten it down to 35ish from 45 but still got work to do
I preferred to do do the paper once or occasionally twice with methods to catch mistakes as i went along, e.g. doing it via two different methods. This meant that I instantly knew whether or not my answer was right or not so I didn't have to come back later and reacquaint myself with the question to see if it was correct or not

Yh I always redo my questions on different bits of paper without looking at my first method so I don't just blindly follow it and make the same mistake twice.
Reply 50
Original post by Kieran1996
Haha I am the same.

My best module: FP1 (100 ums)
My worst module: C2 (75 ums)

Idk how I found further maths easier than core :colondollar:

I was also a late bloomer - I got my only 100s in Further Maths modules.
8 hours in holidays is just too small of a time...
I usually do from 12 hours in a holiday and 6 hours in a school day :P
Original post by NNB_Herath

Jeeeeeez that's a crazy amount
How to convert RAW TO UMS ?????????? EDEXCEL IAL ??

No it isn't
Reply 55
Original post by Zacken

That question came on my mock and I swear I did it at least thrice as well. :tongue: Damn son, M1 and C34 had tough boundaries. If you sat these in J15 you'd have gotten full easily
I can get 110 out of 125 in C12....but i am trying to get 125/125 ....so need more practice....
Also.. i do 11 units this MAY :smile:
Reply 57
With C1 C2 I don't think you need to do every single paper to gain enough exam technique as long as you're thorough on the contents from whatever learning method you took. Particularly for maths, if you read the question, solve them correctly and show enough steps you get the marks without memorising the mark schemes, unlike something like AQA Physics where they ask you some silly phrases for you to gain the mark. But what I found is that by doing **** loads of paper I got faster and faster at doing the questions and in the real exam I could redo the paper a couple of times to find any silly mistakes. (even then I did make a few silly mistakes in C2, but oh well, life is not always fair :tongue:)
Reply 58
How to convert RAW TO UMS ?????????? EDEXCEL IAL ??

For past papers? Try this.
Can someone tell me how to convert RAW TO UMS ?????????? EDEXCEL IAL ??

Quick Reply

Latest