The Student Room Group

Essay structure help?

My teachers constantly mentions Knowledge, Analysis and Application.

I'm not clear on what exactly those terms mean in the context of a question. Like if the question were 'Assess the effects of an increase in tax on cigarettes', what would the KAA be? How does one analyse and apply in this case? Sorry if this is a bit of a silly question :/
Knowledge is definition of taxation or identifying the impact on different economic agents. Application is data reference or developing your analysis based on the extract. In this case you could refer to excise duty on tobacco, tax on tobacco in this country accounts for a large % of the total price or any information provided in the extract. Analysis is just answering the question. Decrease in negative externalities, more tax revenue,....
Reply 2
Original post by keynes24
Knowledge is definition of taxation or identifying the impact on different economic agents. Application is data reference or developing your analysis based on the extract. In this case you could refer to excise duty on tobacco, tax on tobacco in this country accounts for a large % of the total price or any information provided in the extract. Analysis is just answering the question. Decrease in negative externalities, more tax revenue,....

Thank you! That clears things up a lot.
thanks cleared my doubts
Original post by keynes24

Quick Reply

Latest