The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

What grants/bursaries are available to low-income families?

I've tried looking on the website but dont understand it and commuting daily is expensive and I'm worried about being able to pay it. Any help would be great, thanks!
Original post by rzs
I've tried looking on the website but dont understand it and commuting daily is expensive and I'm worried about being able to pay it. Any help would be great, thanks!

Do you normally live in England? If so you'll most likely qualify for the basic Aspire scheme (£200 to spend in the John Smiths book store), or the Greenwich Scholarship Programme which is a £1000 reduction in fees plus £1000 credit to spend at John Smiths. I qualified for the GSP funding, I used it to buy iPads and ebay them when I needed money for my rent which isn't what it was intended for but I don't need books for the first couple of years and I was pretty desperate.

If you achieve ABB or above at A level you would probably qualify for the high achiever scholarship. You have to have UoG as a firm choice or have been offered a place in clearing/adjustment, and to continue getting it in years 2 and 3 you need to score 60% or above in the preceding year.
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending