The Student Room Group

what do you dislike about where you live?

For me its generally down to noise; the walls are pretty thin and now they are knocking down a nearby mill to build houses there so a real lack of peace and quiet at the moment, and how people behave at weekends (Wasn't expecting to see sick in the basement since i moved out of student halls).

How about you?

Scroll to see replies

The chavs, hookers and drug dealers and people who mod their cars to have loud exhaust pipes when you are only moving at 20 miles per hour at 3am:angry:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
The chavs, hookers and drug dealers and people who mod their cars to have loud exhaust pipes when you are only moving at 20 miles per hour at 3am:angry:

I'll never understand why people do that with their cars.
Traffic, roadworks, extortionate house prices, inflation, noise :afraid:

Then again, I love it too :erm:
Reply 4
The people here are so stupid :frown:
Lots of chavs and it's so hilly!
Too remote, too rural. Awful public transport coverage. No chance of fibre optic broadband. :unimpressed:
Original post by claireestelle
I'll never understand why people do that with their cars.

Same:frown:
I understand why they would do other modifications but that one just baffles me:s-smilie:
Traffic, crazy motorists. Terraced properties. Ungodly amount of takeaway shops in close proximity and therefore the smell of fried chicken down my road. The broken glass everywhere. The dog **** everywhere. The hill I have to cycle up every morning. The dust. The noise. The light right outside my bedroom.

****hole.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Too remote, too rural. Awful public transport coverage. No chance of fibre optic broadband. :unimpressed:

:curious:?
I recognise I live in a run down area, so I can understand most of the area's problems in that context. What I can't understand is why people struggle to place their rubbish in their bins. Leaving anything from spoiling food to soiled nappies in alleyways is just disgusting. This is what we have to put up with....

Although the recent response of organising regular communal litter picking makes me like the place.
Original post by Quantex
I recognise I live in a run down area, so I can understand most of the area's problems in that context. What I can't understand is why people struggle to place their rubbish in their bins. Leaving anything from spoiling food to soiled nappies in alleyways is just disgusting. This is what we have to put up with....

Although the recent response of organising regular communal litter picking makes me like the place.

I have the same thing next to where I live. Winds me up so much.
roads in bad conditions main problem in India
It is called Birmingham, need I say more?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I live on the edge od the city centre; so have to put up with a lot of people walking past mine and being able to hear them shouting.
They all vote Tory! :fuhrer:
Original post by Quantex

I don;t get this. They already live in run down areas and they just seem to go "lets see if we can make where we live even shitter".
It has a reputation of being a **** area, which it is.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I don;t get this. They already live in run down areas and they just seem to go "lets see if we can make where we live even shitter".

People see it in that condition and assume it is fine, so it builds up. Conditioning, laziness, ignorance, poverty.

Really all of those are excuses, anyone with self-respect shouldn't be littering the place they live.
So many tourists here, especially when it's sunny :auto:

Quick Reply

Latest