The Student Room Group

Do you believe in Aliens?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blue_Mason
Even if alien bacterium were to evolve into an intelligent life form, I would still believe that humans are and will always be the most intelligent life for to have ever existed.
No other species could come close to our advancement.
As civilization grows older, we grow intelligent.

An alien civilisation could have begun millions of years before ours began. They might have a significant head start on us.
Original post by dontudare
Your opinions stupid. 'No there aren't aliens because god only made us because we're special!!'

exactly your calling me dumb because I don't agree with your opinion lol
Reply 42
Original post by theBranicAc
if so why haven't we discovered it them then?

bc Einstein had a girlfriend
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
An alien civilisation could have begun millions of years before ours began. They might have a significant head start on us.

But I believe in scientific evidence and proof.
Theoretical science is cool, but one can only go so far with it.
Laws of nature must still dictate on any living thing, so for example I do not believe that humanity can maintain itself for a million years as something had to give
if so why haven't we discovered it them then?

Because the percentage of the observable universe we've observed is miniscule and the vast majority of the universe is unobservable with current technology.
Reply 45
Original post by Blue_Mason
But I believe in scientific evidence and proof.
Theoretical science is cool, but one can only go so far with it.
Laws of nature must still dictate on any living thing, so for example I do not believe that humanity can maintain itself for a million years as something had to give

Laws of nature do not dictate that civilization only lasts as long as ours so far has... so the possibility of them being more advanced is still open in regards to your reasoning

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's perfectly plausible given how big the universe is and how little we know about it. Maybe there aren't that many "intelligent" life forms out there but I do believe that there could be life out there for example I heard a theory about aliens on Saturn's moon Titan.
Original post by godofwine
I believe that the Universe is some kind of experiment (or simulation) that is being run by a more advanced civilization. And that intelligent species across the Universe reach a certain point before they self-destruct. I think that when the Universe collapses in on itself in the distant future, it will reset itself, and that there will be another big bang.

Basically hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I believe in aliens, there are so many planets and systems out there I'm sure that there are other aliens/species out there both more advanced than we are but also some which are less advanced
tyler oakley anyone???
exactly your calling me dumb because I don't agree with your opinion lol

You don't have an opinion. You are just being a parrot. You are using (without any logic or reason) your religion, which you most likely inherited and didn't decide to follow yourself / had a predisposition (because of your upbringing) to follow it, to answer whether there is intelligent life apart from what is on earth. You did not think once, you just said what you were supposed to say according to your religion. Congratulations.
(edited 7 years ago)
No. I believe in God though.
Reply 52
Yeah, I believe aliens exist. Firstly they're bound to exist and secondly, the aliens that exist probably aren't visible:biggrin: to the naked eye:wink:. And physics needs more updating. physics teacher drives me crazy sometimes lol. :angry: And I do believe in God.
(edited 7 years ago)
Do you reckon they'd have willies though? Like chimpanzees?
Original post by SmileyVibe
No. I believe in God though.

Maybe god is an alien tho
There is bound to be some life out there somewhere. Are we ever likely to find it, especially intelligent life? No.
We will never meet an intelligent life form from another planet.

It is highly likely that there is/was/will be another intelligent species somewhere in the Universe. But:

~ Humans have only existed for a fraction of our planet's life-supporting timeframe
~ We haven't even discovered basic alien life let alone intelligent
~ I believe FTL travel won't be possible so meeting them is out of the question even if they exist

And my favourite point:

~ Our intelligence/intrigue/technological developments is/are effectively a side-effect(s) of our evolutionary dominance so even highly intelligent alien life is unlikely to have the technology to communicate with us, whether contact is made or not.
Mexican rapists? Sure.
There is just no way that homeo sapiens are the only intelligent life forms in the universe. I honestly believe that UFOs have landed here on Earth. Take me to your leader
Original post by preetg97
Yeah, and I reckon they're a million times more intelligent than us

I reckon you see too much fiction movies these days

Quick Reply

Latest