The Student Room Group

AQA A-level English Literature & Language Paper 2 (7707/2) - 8 Jun 2023 [Exam Chat]

AQA A-level English Literature and Language Paper 2 (7707/2) - 8th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 8 Jun 2023/ AM
Length: 2h 30m

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone do streetcar and gatsby for paper 2 and have predictions/tips?!!!
Reply 2
Anybody got any predictions for Gatsby/ Othello?
Original post by meganp3648
Does anyone do streetcar and gatsby for paper 2 and have predictions/tips?!!!

i do streetcar and carol ann duffy rapture poems. I predict for streetcar that they will ask about themes maybe sexual desire and death
Reply 4
Really have no idea what could come up for Streetcar and Gatbsy recreation... any ideas?
Reply 5
I'm really not sure what to expect either! I wonder what they asked last year. With Gatsby, it's impossible to predict as there are so many possibilities. I'm focusing on minor characters and making sure I know the timeline of the story. With streetcar, I feel like if you also know the play well and the contexts you can do any question they spring on you, but again I don't have predictions!!
Original post by hannah040
Really have no idea what could come up for Streetcar and Gatbsy recreation... any ideas?
Original post by meganp3648
I'm really not sure what to expect either! I wonder what they asked last year. With Gatsby, it's impossible to predict as there are so many possibilities. I'm focusing on minor characters and making sure I know the timeline of the story. With streetcar, I feel like if you also know the play well and the contexts you can do any question they spring on you, but again I don't have predictions!!

last year was:

Gatsby: Daisy's account of Jordan's narrative about her

Streetcar: feelings of alienation OR attitudes towards others.

We went through that paper today in a revision session at college as teachers have access to it!

the exam board love synonyms for Streetcar, so we looked at things that have already come up, like bitterness and anger, and loneliness and alienation, dependency on others and attitudes towards others. there's a pattern in what the examiners ask for. we predicted cruelty, power, control, betrayal, or instability!
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 7
power would be bliss
Original post by Starrytillymae
last year was:

Gatsby: Daisy's account of Jordan's narrative about her

Streetcar: feelings of alienation OR attitudes towards others.

We went through that paper today in a revision session at college as teachers have access to it!

the exam board love synonyms for Streetcar, so we looked at things that have already come up, like bitterness and anger, and loneliness and alienation, dependency on others and attitudes towards others. there's a pattern in what the examiners ask for. we predicted cruelty, power, control, betrayal, or instability!
Original post by Blaze25
power would be bliss

i was thinking abuse of power?? that's quite broad too because you've got:
- blanche and her student
- stanley and blanche's instability
- stella not being able to leave with the baby
- stanley feeling superior to the women and the theme of domestic violence
I do Streetcar and The Kite Runner.

I am hoping for characters feelings of nervousness maybe or resentment for Streetcar and then it will probably be a minor character for The Kite Runner.

In a previous year they have done a person at the flea market as a recast. Surely it cant be as bad as that.
Reply 10
anyone doing when will there be good news and the murder of roger ackroyd?
Reply 11
Went awfully . Anyone else think the same .
Reply 12
Original post by charl1234567890
I do Streetcar and The Kite Runner.

I am hoping for characters feelings of nervousness maybe or resentment for Streetcar and then it will probably be a minor character for The Kite Runner.

In a previous year they have done a person at the flea market as a recast. Surely it cant be as bad as that.

Hahaha funny - I was thinking the same but they somehow made it way worse than I thought. Who even is Saifo? I spent 8 hours on character maps and must have skimmed past him because I had no idea who he was. How do you think it went?
Which question did you do for Streetcar? I did impressing others because I forgot what deception meant haha
Reply 13
Original post by zzkng

I thought the exact same, no worries. My classmates seemed to think it was okay but I hated every second of it, haha.
Reply 14
Original post by CrissyNix
I thought the exact same, no worries. My classmates seemed to think it was okay but I hated every second of it, haha.

Yes me too, everyone thought it went well but for me it went dreadful
Reply 15
Original post by daisyaw
Yes me too, everyone thought it went well but for me it went dreadful

Was the streetcar question deception or depiction? Because if it was deception it was awful
Reply 16
Original post by X3bea
Was the streetcar question deception or depiction? Because if it was deception it was awful

I’m not sure sorry I did Othello
Reply 17
Original post by zzkng

Did you do streetcar?
Reply 18
Original post by X3bea

I think it was deception, because I forgot the English meaning of deception (perks of doing Spanish ugh) and thought it meant disappointment rather than what it actually means. I did the other question but both weren't great.
Original post by X3bea

i found deception to be much easier than impressing others. i didn’t write much tho :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending