The Student Room Group

Do you need social media to pick up girls?

I personally do not use any social media and tend not to share my phone number. I do have snapchat but again I barely use it. Is it necessary? Do girls find guys with social media + pictures more attractive or do they prefer the ones that keep their social life private? Opinions?

Scroll to see replies

No. You'll need a car (or some other form of transport) though. :P
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Someboady
I personally do not use any social media and tend not to share my phone number. I do have snapchat but again I barely use it. Is it necessary? Do girls find guys with social media + pictures more attractive or do they prefer the ones that keep their social life private? Opinions?

Why is Snapchat your only social media app? If I had to choose only one messaging service because I wanted to keep to my self, it definitely wouldn't be Snapchat.

To look at it simply, social media is a means of interaction. More social media = more means of interaction. More means of interaction = more means of getting your shaft shafted.
Reply 3
[QUOTE=Someboady;64750159]I personally do not use any social media and tend not to share my phone number. I do have snapchat but again I barely use it. Is it necessary? Do girls find guys with social media + pictures more attractive or do they prefer the ones that keep their social life private? Opinions?

No you're right mate. The best relationships are still hatched at the pub or work. Get to Yates..
Reply 4
Original post by Davalla
Why is Snapchat your only social media app? If I had to choose only one messaging service because I wanted to keep to my self, it definitely wouldn't be Snapchat.

To look at it simply, social media is a means of interaction. More social media = more means of interaction. More means of interaction = more means of getting your shaft shafted.

What would it be then o_0... i thought snapchat was a cool thing to have xD
Thats a fair point... but what about in terms of exclusivity like... the only way of getting to you is "in person".?
Reply 5
Original post by TimGB
No. You'll need a car (or some other form of transport) though. :P

Well poop.. i mean as a 17 year old :/ xD Im sure girls dont worry about you being able to drive at my age>?
Reply 6

A bit of both, it's private more if they are with someone unless they like to show off , but some prefer the old method version of a guy approaching them and face to face communication. However, with social media, one can made a rough judgement on the person and come up with some idea of who we think we are. But some people look better face to face than in a picture...
Reply 7
Original post by Anaa95
A bit of both, it's private more if they are with someone unless they like to show off , but some prefer the old method version of a guy approaching them and face to face communication. However, with social media, one can made a rough judgement on the person and come up with some idea of who we think we are. But some people look better face to face than in a picture...

That makes sense I guess... I don't like having to text girls, I'd prefer talking to them face to face.
Weeeeeeellll then.... Okay if I was to make a social media which one should I make? :/
Reply 8
That makes sense I guess... I don't like having to text girls, I'd prefer talking to them face to face.
Weeeeeeellll then.... Okay if I was to make a social media which one should I make? :/

Instagram. You can be private and mysterious as well as follow random people
Reply 9
Original post by RivalPlayer
Yeah, if your idea of a relationship is communicating via emojis and images.

Fair point dude fair point

i'd say you should have a bit of both as if you are a show off then social media is good but if social media is a useful advantage as you can connect with people more efficiently

You need
Face, Body, Car , Penis, Money
Reply 12
Original post by jamesthehustler
i'd say you should have a bit of both as if you are a show off then social media is good but if social media is a useful advantage as you can connect with people more efficiently

True say, what social media do you recommend?
Reply 13
Original post by ODES_PDES
You need
Face, Body, Car , Penis, Money

Well, I have a pretty good looking face. Body... I'm fairly skinny... Car... meh im too young... Penis... footlong.... money... jack all... she can pay for herself :smile: So is that a yes or no to social media: ?
True say, what social media do you recommend?

facebook is the most common but twitter is another good one
Nope I don't.
Reply 16
Original post by jamesthehustler
facebook is the most common but twitter is another good one

If I make a social media, I want one that most people will have so that they can get in touch with me but at the same time... facebook is for scrubs and not many people I know are on twitter
If I make a social media, I want one that most people will have so that they can get in touch with me but at the same time... facebook is for scrubs and not many people I know are on twitter

literally anybody who is anyone one has facebook
to pick up girls on TSR you need alot of gems
Well, I have a pretty good looking face. Body... I'm fairly skinny... Car... meh im too young... Penis... footlong.... money... jack all... she can pay for herself :smile: So is that a yes or no to social media: ?

No social media needed bro

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending