The Student Room Group

Does my teacher have a crush on me?

There's this teacher who I'm pretty close with (like, I consider her a friend), but I think recently she's started to get a crush on me. She's been complimenting me on my appearance a fair bit as of late (like 3 times over the past 5 days, which is more than a teacher usually compliments a student on appearance ) and she tends to laugh and giggle at at least 90% of the things I say even if they aren't funny and there's been a couple of situations where she's touched me when it wasn't necessary, almost as if maybe she's trying to find an excuse to touch me. First situation is where I'm upset about something and she starts telling me stuff to try to console me and she also puts her arm around me at the same time. Other situation where she touches me is when we were starting our birdhouse project. I'm inexperienced with saws, so when I'm about to cut my board for the first time, she basically holds my hand (she put her hand on top of mine) and keeps it there the whole time I'm cutting the board, and I didn't notice her doing this with any other students. She is fairly young (26) and I do find her quite beautiful (I am male by the way), but I don't plan on pursuing anything with her since she's my favorite teacher and I don't want her to get fired. However, since she's shown some signs IMO, I'm still curious to know if she does indeed like me regardless on if I want a relationship with her or not.
Why don't these things ever happen to me?
I don't think so mate
Original post by Anonymous
I don't think so mate

What makes you say that? Is it sarcasm?
Original post by jat99
There's this teacher who I'm pretty close with (like, I consider her a friend), but I think recently she's started to get a crush on me. She's been complimenting me on my appearance a fair bit as of late (like 3 times over the past 5 days, which is more than a teacher usually compliments a student on appearance ) and she tends to laugh and giggle at at least 90% of the things I say even if they aren't funny and there's been a couple of situations where she's touched me when it wasn't necessary, almost as if maybe she's trying to find an excuse to touch me. First situation is where I'm upset about something and she starts telling me stuff to try to console me and she also puts her arm around me at the same time. Other situation where she touches me is when we were starting our birdhouse project. I'm inexperienced with saws, so when I'm about to cut my board for the first time, she basically holds my hand (she put her hand on top of mine) and keeps it there the whole time I'm cutting the board, and I didn't notice her doing this with any other students. She is fairly young (26) and I do find her quite beautiful (I am male by the way), but I don't plan on pursuing anything with her since she's my favorite teacher and I don't want her to get fired. However, since she's shown some signs IMO, I'm still curious to know if she does indeed like me regardless on if I want a relationship with her or not.

The common view of men tells you to

Original post by ODES_PDES
Why don't these things ever happen to me?

thats the funniest comment ive heard
Reply 6
Since it would be criminal on her part for anything to happen between the two of you, if you consider her a friend then put it out your mind. Chances are you're a hormone-ridden teenager getting ideas, but either way it's a no-go situation really.
And then you woke up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
teachers pet more like
You didn't tell us how old you were..

If your 15 that's pedophilia...

I'm guessing your in college so I'd just keep speaking to her everyday with casual conversation. It's a really bad idea to pursue things outside of college. So just wait until you leave and just get her contact information and take things from there.
Reply 10
if you're worried about it you should speak to a responsible adult and report her. If she were to pursue a relationship it would be illegal.
Reply 11
Original post by IAmYourdog

I'm guessing your in college so I'd just keep speaking to her everyday with casual conversation. It's a really bad idea to pursue things outside of college. So just wait until you leave and just get her contact information and take things from there.

In teaching it isn't just a matter of 16 or not. It's a matter of being in a position of authority.
Original post by offhegoes
In teaching it isn't just a matter of 16 or not. It's a matter of being in a position of authority.

Yes this is true. It's wrong on her part if the OP isn't actually delusional. That's why I told the OP to not pursue things whilst he is still at college or where-ever he is at then there's no moral problems additionally she won't get intro trouble. Some people might see it as a bit weird at the start but they'd be 2 consenting adults & there would only be a 8/9 year gap.

Original post by Reue
if you're worried about it you should speak to a responsible adult and report her. If she were to pursue a relationship it would be illegal.

It'd be illegal if OP is over 18?
It's probably against policy so she'd loose her job but if OP really likes her then he could just change college :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

It's not paedophilia, it's an abuse of trust - that's wherein the problem of teacher - student relationships lies. Although if he were 15 it would also be considered rape as he can't legally consent.
Original post by Alaric III
It's not paedophilia, it's an abuse of trust - that's wherein the problem of teacher - student relationships lies. Although if he were 15 it would also be considered rape as he can't legally consent.

It is kinda paedophilia since if he was younger than 15 he's not going to be mature. If it was the other way round and the teacher was male there wouldn't be a debate. But since it's female...
Anyways lets not quarrel over what we call it, chances are the OP is just trolling us...

Original post by Wallflower73
i think it's kind of sweet, actually. honestly, i feel like if her profession wasn't teaching then people wouldn't be getting worked up about this :/

If she was a doctor or a nurse?
But if she was an accountant or shop assistant then I wouldn't see much problem with it.
(edited 7 years ago)
you see? It's because of what she does. I mean don't get me wrong, having a relationship with your teacher is a bit much but calling her a paedophile? that's a bit overboard. she can't have feelings bc of the job she does?

Thats my opinion, how I perceive paedophiles, it's not just 11 year olds, in my eyes considering she could be twice his age it is. I guess it comes from culture too... if this was in usa she'd be facing pedophilia charges. (this is the 1st i've heard of it being female though).
And it's not just because she's a teacher, if she was a retail assistant I'd be saying the same thing. I'd probably be less harsh and critical of her if he was closer to 16 though.
But if the OP is over 16 then they could have a relationship but she'd risk losing her job and possibly facing jail time, since it's illegal for anyone in a position of care and responsibility to have a relationship with anyone under the age of 18. After this age there are often company policies restricting it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16

It'd be illegal if OP is over 18?
It's probably against policy so she'd loose her job but if OP really likes her then he could just change college :smile:

Yes it would still be illegal
Reply 17
i think it's kind of sweet, actually. honestly, i feel like if her profession wasn't teaching then people wouldn't be getting worked up about this :/

I wonder whether you'd still think it 'kind of sweet' if OP were a 15 yr old girl and the teacher was a 26 yr old man..
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Reue
I wonder whether you'd still think it 'kind of sweet' if OP were a 15 yr old girl and the teacher was a 26 yr old man..

Aww yess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending