The Student Room Group

N5 Music 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi everybody! I thought the paper was alright, not really easy but not that difficult either, so I think I've done fine! What did everybody get for the question with the grey boxes? I put Tuba, Concerto, Pentatonic Scale (but I really wasn't sure on that one) and I can't remember the other box.
Original post by imcalledrebecca
Hi everybody! I thought the paper was alright, not really easy but not that difficult either, so I think I've done fine! What did everybody get for the question with the grey boxes? I put Tuba, Concerto, Pentatonic Scale (but I really wasn't sure on that one) and I can't remember the other box.

Hi! The answers to those are 1. French horn 2. Allegro 3. Sequence 4. Concerto
Reply 22
Original post by Abbyy1234
Hi! The answers to those are 1. French horn 2. Allegro 3. Sequence 4. Concerto

Yesssss I got that anymore answers what about question 1
Original post by James26488
Yesssss I got that anymore answers what about question 1

1. Rock n roll 2. Walking bass 3. Ragtime 4. Brass 5. Harpsichord 6. Contrapuntal
Reply 24
1. Rock n roll 2. Walking bass 3. Ragtime 4. Brass 5. Harpsichord 6. Contrapuntal

Yessss I got them all more answers please
Awh no gutted about q2, I was torn between sequence and Pentatonic scale! Think Q1 was fine though😅

Aww well done! Hmm the map question was 1. Trumpet 2. Compound 3. Can't remember the options 4. Glissando
Reply 27
Aww well done! Hmm the map question was 1. Trumpet 2. Compound 3. Can't remember the options 4. Glissando

Wooooooo I've done it again all correct😁😁😁😁

Don't be too annoyed remember it was only 4 marks!
Don't be too annoyed remember it was only 4 marks!

sorry that was for rebecca
Reply 30

Anymore more answers?
(edited 7 years ago)
Anymore more questions?

For the two answer and explain it was 1. Jig and compound time 2. Latin American and use of percussion or you could specify castanets or drums
There was a bothy ballad and the answer following that was strophic.
The written question you needed to put 3/4 andante or adagio, v above bar 9, chord of f major, and just a descending sequence for the notes.

Hahah I'm not too too worried, I think as long as I pass the listening I'll be happy, I feel confident enough with my performance to hopefully get a decent mark ☺️
For the two answer and explain it was 1. Jig and compound time 2. Latin American and use of percussion or you could specify castanets or drums
The written question you needed to put 3/4 andante or adagio, v above bar 9, chord of f major, and just a descending sequence for the notes.

Thanks so much for these answers! The written question I was happy with because I've actually played Moon river before!
Reply 34

Have you got the last question?
Original post by imcalledrebecca
Thanks so much for these answers! The written question I was happy with because I've actually played Moon river before!

Yes knowing the piece is a big help! As long as you are happy with yourself that is the most important thing😆
Reply 36
Yes knowing the piece is a big help! As long as you are happy with yourself that is the most important thing😆

Can you show the answers for the other questions you have not mentioned already
Have you got the last question?

For rhythm tempo you could have had 4/4, andante or allegro
Instruments could have been bagpipes, acoustic guitar, drum kit
Melody harmony you could have said there was a drum fill, pitch bend, bagpipes played the melody
Dynamics were any two as long as they were not pp or p and were in their full Italian name and you could have mentioned a crescendo, perfect cadence, major key

For sure! I know I've done the best I could have done, and at least that's another exam out of the way😅 How did you feel you've done? x
Feeling pretty good about it 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending