The Student Room Group

Last minute french revision?!

So my french exam is this tuesday and my average grade for the reading is an A and a B for listening but i'm aiming for an A*! What should I do to revise now? I've done most of the past papers

Scroll to see replies

What board are you doing? If it is similar to mine there should be a vocab list on the specification, maybe go through that. Also if there are any french words you don't know ho to pronounce, you probably won't be able to know what they are in the listening so perhaps you can go onto the internet and find out how to pronounce complex words.

Good luck, I also have my GCSE French listening on Tuesday.
Reply 2
im in the same position, all we can do now is go over vocabulary

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by niv1234
What board are you doing? If it is similar to mine there should be a vocab list on the specification, maybe go through that. Also if there are any french words you don't know ho to pronounce, you probably won't be able to know what they are in the listening so perhaps you can go onto the internet and find out how to pronounce complex words.

Good luck, I also have my GCSE French listening on Tuesday.

I'm on edexcel, and thank you i am going through the vocab lest but the words arent going in:frown:
I would use memrise.com and revise the vocabulary. I'm doing that for the AQA specification.
I'm having my french exam on Tuesday as well, so I take it you are doing the AQA?
I know some people who are doing IGCSE's and say that French Listening is easy, Like WTF lol.
Anyway.
I hope you're on study leave, however Dedicate the whole day just for French. This will help you get into a French mind-set.
-Download this Vocab app, It's £1.49 on the App store(Spend money to secure your GCSE's).
Helps you revise a couple key Vocabulary Terms.
-If you still have Your past-papers make see where you went wrong.
-Aim to be getting the Multiple choice questions all right.
-AQA literally dish out the answers in the Listening paper. Especially in the Positive, Negative or Positive and -Negative Questions.
-If you hear something like: c'etait beau, malheuresment.......
The word Malheuresment(Wrong spelling?)clearly highlights that what shall follow will be english.
Listen closely for ne pas and stuff as they speak fast hiding the key detail which you will know.
-Stay Calm and Avoid all eye contact with your friends (trust me).
-Do another Reading and Listening Past paper the night before (if you have ran out, go to "revisionworld" for later editions)
Good Luck.
Reply 6
the grade boundaries are usually stupidly low i.e. 28 out of 45 for an A* in 2012 for Aqa
Original post by salty670
the grade boundaries are usually stupidly low i.e. 28 out of 45 for an A* in 2012 for Aqa

true, I did June 2013 and it was 25 for an A*
Im soo scared about this exam thou
Hows everyone feeling about it?
How do you revise for french other than past papers and vocab?
I got A* in both exams with no revision it was easy
who else is doing Higher listening and reading for both?
Thank you, i'm going to try and get my head around their pronunciations :smile:
Original post by potato princess
who else is doing Higher listening and reading for both?

me, both are on tuesday for me
Original post by ForeverAQx
Im soo scared about this exam thou
Hows everyone feeling about it?

very scared
Original post by Bulletzone
I'm having my french exam on Tuesday as well, so I take it you are doing the AQA?
I know some people who are doing IGCSE's and say that French Listening is easy, Like WTF lol.
Anyway.
I hope you're on study leave, however Dedicate the whole day just for French. This will help you get into a French mind-set.
-Download this Vocab app, It's £1.49 on the App store(Spend money to secure your GCSE's).
Helps you revise a couple key Vocabulary Terms.
-If you still have Your past-papers make see where you went wrong.
-Aim to be getting the Multiple choice questions all right.
-AQA literally dish out the answers in the Listening paper. Especially in the Positive, Negative or Positive and -Negative Questions.
-If you hear something like: c'etait beau, malheuresment.......
The word Malheuresment(Wrong spelling?)clearly highlights that what shall follow will be english.
Listen closely for ne pas and stuff as they speak fast hiding the key detail which you will know.
-Stay Calm and Avoid all eye contact with your friends (trust me).
-Do another Reading and Listening Past paper the night before (if you have ran out, go to "revisionworld" for later editions)
Good Luck.

Thank you so much, that was really helpful. I have already downloaded the app and its really good :smile: Unfortunately i'm not getting a study leave though so i'll just have to do it in lunch and break and after school
Original post by GCSEstudentt
me, both are on tuesday for me

only 7 of us are doing higher listening everyone else is doing foundation
Original post by potato princess
only 7 of us are doing higher listening everyone else is doing foundation

Hey since timings are different, won't some of us finish our exams before others?
Original post by Bulletzone

Looolll the iGCSEs are not easy (aqa at least). In the iGCSE papers I get around 26-29 in the listening papers, but high 30s/close to full marks in the normal :redface:
I'm using memrise, which is intended for your course, and its soooo good for learning vocab. It's also free :h:
Original post by cc16cp02
Hey since timings are different, won't some of us finish our exams before others?

yeah we're doing them in different rooms

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending